Problem with Fitbit

Options
TheresaOrtiz3
TheresaOrtiz3 Posts: 28 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
For some reason my Fitbit won't sync up with MFP. The only thing it's tracking is through my iPhone which I don't have on me 100% of the time. I have almost 6000 steps right now and it's not showing anything. I have 0 calories earned for activity. I checked the settings and fitibit is checked off. I'm not sure what's going on.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but since it is an all day estimator, you will only get extra calories when your burn according to your fitbit is more than what MyFitnessPal expects. I am guessing 6000 steps is simply not enough to do so. You might get better results asking in the Fitbit group.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    There is a sync issue at this time. MFP is working on it. Check ou the Fitbit group here for more info.
  • ReeGzusmc
    ReeGzusmc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit Charge HR had this issue with MFP when I first checked this app out... Eventually it synced after several reboots lol good luck
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Fitbit struggles to sync with MFP. I've found that if I sync with the Fitbit app, then force close and re-open MFP, that causes it to sync pretty quickly.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem ongoing and have ininstalled, reinstalled countless times. Very frustrating! Using my phone steps for now until issue is fixed!
  • TheresaOrtiz3
    Options
    Thanks! There is just a big difference between my phone and my Fitbit.
  • jhudson892
    jhudson892 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is a semi regular problem with MFP and Fitbit. I have logged in 565 days and this has happened every couple of months. It usually is fixed in a day or 2 but very frustrating.
  • TheresaOrtiz3
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just bought an Apple Watch so hopefully I won't have this issue anymore.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's actually normal for sync issues to occur between MyFitnessPal and the various partner apps. It's usually like every couple months or so, although this past spring/summer has been particularly bad for me at least. Various issues from double fitbit adjustments (one of which couldn't be removed from diary) to no steps/adjustments at random.

Currently there are known issues with: Fitbit, Google Fit, Schwinn Connect, Microsoft Band

An issue with jawbone was recently fixed.

So just be aware that even with the switch you might still experience sync issues from time to time between iHealth and Myfitnesspal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This problem occurs so regularly, surely the mfp techs have indentified the problem and come up with a solution by now.. and if not, why?
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    This problem occurs so regularly, surely the mfp techs have indentified the problem and come up with a solution by now.. and if not, why?

@Christine_72 - I think they fix it, but then when they do an update or fitbit does an update it the coding changes and messes up what they just fixed.
  • Christine_72
    Options

@Christine_72 - I think they fix it, but then when they do an update or fitbit does an update it the coding changes and messes up what they just fixed.

Jeez what a kafuffle! I'm so not tech savvy so have no idea if there's a simple remedy to this or not.
    I'm lucky that i haven't had any syncing issues other than 3 hours twice. I rely on my fitbit transferring over here so much, I'd go nuts without it :sad:

• B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR doesn't sync with MFP, it does however sync to my Fitbit App and my MFP receives the info from the Fitbit App... (Charge HR > Fitbit App > MFP) I don't think you can skip a step...
  • Christine_72
    Options
    My Charge HR doesn't sync with MFP, it does however sync to my Fitbit App and my MFP receives the info from the Fitbit App... (Charge HR > Fitbit App > MFP) I don't think you can skip a step...

It's not your fitbits fault, it's the mfp program that is stuffing up.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I don't know then. Have you tried hitting "Disconnect" on Fitbit Tracker in MFP & then reconnecting?
  • shadow2soul
    Options
    Hmm, I don't know then. Have you tried hitting "Disconnect" on Fitbit Tracker in MFP & then reconnecting?

The OP is talking about Fitbit (app/website) not sending information to MFP.

Or if it's like my issue Fitbit is sending the information, but myfitnesspal is not doing anything with it (example: no adjustment at all, dsteps showing under "check in" area but not on app homepage dispite fitbit being the selected step tracker option). For me the issue is totally random. Some days it works fine and then other (last 5 currently) it's like MFP is just ignoring Fitbits information.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Step started showing upbat MFP yesterday! But now I am having problems with my Fitbit syncing with the Fitbit app. :o
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Jeez what a kafuffle! I'm so not tech savvy so have no idea if there's a simple remedy to this or not.
    I'm lucky that i haven't had any syncing issues other than 3 hours twice. I rely on my fitbit transferring over here so much, I'd go nuts without it :sad:

Just remember that everything from mfp also goes to fitbit and while it it is a bit different to look at the calorie burns are the same and your food summary is the same.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Just remember that everything from mfp also goes to fitbit and while it it is a bit different to look at the calorie burns are the same and your food summary is the same.

True, I'm a creature of habit and have gotten so used to doing everything through mfp, i dont even pay attention to fitbits calorie goals/numbers. One of my gripes is that it would look like I've overeaten everyday on mfp if my exercise calories didn't transfer over, not a big deal i guess..
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just started pairing my Fitbit charge with MfP today after using the shine forever so I guess it's common to have issues with either syncing....