What do you make with cauliflower?

Options
13»

Replies

• blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We make fried rice with it and serve with coconut curry chicken. I saute the cauliflower rice with onions, red pepper, and pineapple, and sometimes add in avocado. So good! My husband was not a cauliflower fan until I made this!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I mostly just roast it or add it to a stir fry. But I have had it mashed.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Why go to so much trouble to "make" something with it? Just eat it.

:neutral:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

@TonyB0588 Because sometimes we like foods prepared in different ways or mixed with other ingredients? Some of the recipes here look pretty great. If you only eat your cauliflower raw I'd say you're missing out!

I understand. My problem with a lot of the stuff we do with food is that we take the natural product and add all the junk that causes us to have to take a closer look at our health, our fitness, our calories, our sugar, our cholesterol, etc. By now I'm sure you get what I mean.

It doesn't have to be raw, but cooked can be without the other things mixed up.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

@TonyB0588 Because sometimes we like foods prepared in different ways or mixed with other ingredients? Some of the recipes here look pretty great. If you only eat your cauliflower raw I'd say you're missing out!

I understand. My problem with a lot of the stuff we do with food is that we take the natural product and add all the junk that causes us to have to take a closer look at our health, our fitness, our calories, our sugar, our cholesterol, etc. By now I'm sure you get what I mean.

It doesn't have to be raw, but cooked can be without the other things mixed up.

I don't see any junk being used in the recipes shared here unless I'm missing something. Do you consider spices to be junk? Or the coconut milk in the recipe I shared? I'm not trying to be difficult. I honestly have no idea what you mean.
  • valerianegomes
    valerianegomes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I steam it and pour my spaghetti sauce over it instead of having pasta.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I like it simply lightly boiled. If it's a big one, I may reheat the leftovers in a proper gooey roux based cheese sauce. Lovely with fish, like that.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower soup is awesome.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Buffalo cauliflower. Basically like how you prepare wings, but with cauliflower.
  • tech_kitten
    Options
    Puree them as a sub for potatoes, too.
  • tech_kitten
    Options
    Cauliflower "mac and cheese"
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Alfredo sauce: http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/20/cauli-power-fettuccine-alfredo-vegan/

It's a staple in my house, even my partner loves it. I often replace the nutritional yeast with cooked red lentils and add a dollop of plain yogurt. I've used dairy milk when out of soy. I also add extra garlic, but I love garlic. At any rate, the recipe is extremely flexible.

I usually eat it over zucchini pasta, but it does go great over some whole wheat spiral noodles too.
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Roast it with just a bit of curry powder - delicious!

Along with all of the above - cauliflower is a wonderful food!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I love this pizza crust http://detoxinista.com/2014/02/vegan-cauliflower-pizza-crust/. I'm not vegan, but it cuts down on the excess cheese since I'm going to put cheese on top!

This fried rice is amazing. http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/03/cauliflower-fried-rice.html

My hubs has the idea of using it for his cheesy pasta treatment and for a rice replacement in cajun dirty rice.