Does anyone NOT log exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't log exercise - but I also upped my calorie goal to reflect it. So I am eating those calories - just not logging them separate. (TDEE method)
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I used the Scooby calculator and set my activity as light. But I do 3 heavy lifting sessions a week (Strong - like NROL4W) and 4 cardio classes a week. But I have the same calories per day even though 3 days a week I don't exercise specifically. So I don't log exercise since those cals are taken into account in my daily. MFP gives me 1210 per day as sedentary - so I figure it works out the same. I use 1590 per day and just the cardio classes are generally 350 - 400 per session. :) Hope that helps. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    If you used a TDEE calculator to get your goal you should not eat back your exercise calories and if you want to log it you can manually change the exercise burn to 1. But if you used mfp to get your goal you should be logging any exercise and eating back at least some possibly all of your exercise calories. If you don't want to use MFP the way it is designed then you should realize that you are not using it correctly and shouldn't be advising people not to eat their exercise calories. It is a good idea to start with a percentage of the exercise calories and adjust accordingly, but you should eat some of them if using MFP's calorie goal.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I do not log exercise because for me it is so irregular. I'm still working on establishing a solid exercise routine. You can always log it, just don't eat back those calories
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Eh, I don't exercise =P My job is outside, and fairly active (crawing beneath planes, dragging heavy hoses, etc) so I just don't do or log any excercising =)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kittyy250 wrote: »
    ginaDDDD wrote: »
    I don't log exercise. I don't want to be tempted to eat back my calories. It's set at 1200 and that's all I'm putting in my tummy per day until I go into maintenance in the future

I know 1200 is the lowest setting. If you are exercising too this is a huge deficit are you sure this is safe?

3 words

lean...muscle...loss

I keep my deficit moderate because I want to minimize lean muscle loss. Eating enough protein and strength training are important too.

Healthy weight loss should help you lower your body fat %.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't, because I base my calories off my TDEE from my Fitbit
    ginaDDDD wrote: »
    I don't log exercise. I don't want to be tempted to eat back my calories. It's set at 1200 and that's all I'm putting in my tummy per day until I go into maintenance in the future

This is a very bad idea, and you'll likely burn out sooner or later
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You absolutely CAN choose to set your activity level higher and then not log exercise separately. It's either-or - build the exertcise into your base caloric recommendation and don't track, or don't include it and DO track.

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You could always log it to keep a record of what you've done but change the calories burned to zero
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you lose via exercise only 30% of calories, diet is 70%. So more exercise don't matter that much as enough of food. If you're not undereating your calorie goal than it should be fine. Apparently human body is very efficient in conserving energy, probably has something with finding food in food deficient enviroment.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i stopped logging exercise because it grossly overestimates. i have a hard time believing i'm burning near 300 calories in 28 mins from low impact aerobics *eye roll*
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I find it much easier to set my activity level higher and eat a fixed and consistent number of calories each day. Starting the day with only 1200 and adding more in based on exercise was too loose for me. I pre-log my meals and stay right around my goal. My primary exercise is walking on hour per day.