Panera Tomato, Mozzarella & Basil Salad?

Options
HOW is this 770 calories?? I understand if you don't eat the croutons that it's 430 calories. But what confuses me is that they claim that their *vegetable mix* is 140 calories - what's hidden in there??

Any thoughts? And is it good?

Thanks guys :smile:

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella is hidden in there!! Cheese is full of calories!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    But the mozzarella is a separate ingredient on the list ... Panera itemizes the calories of each ingredient in the salad ...
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up. The cheese, olive oil, and crutons are part of the 770. This salad is YUMMY but can be a diet disaster if you don't budget for it!
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome salad, but I would do the you pick 2 that way you can have the yummy treat and some soup and total calories will be far less.
    I love the tomato and mozzerella panini, I order it with chicken noodle soup and skip the bread roll. Total calories 460, and I'm full and feel like I've given myself an amazing treat! YOU TOTALLY MADE ME HUNGRY, and I just ate:tongue:
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I know what you mean. My work has been bringing in Panera for working lunches and I LOVE the Sierra Turkey. I looked up the nutritional info on their website and was floored. I just went ahead and ate my own little salad with chicken. Sucks.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Panera used to be my favorite and now I don't near it. Everything they have is terrible. :sad: