Sports Bras for large chests

Options
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a sports bra that actually works for larger chests. I'm sick to death of having to wear 2 at the same time to the gym and still don't get adequate support. It's starting to pull in between my shoulder blades which sends shooting pain through my back, neck and shoulders.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! They're so expensive that I would love to have some genuine recommendations before buying.

Thanks!

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I use maternity sports bras with molded cups. The support is unreal. I got mine at wal-mart for less than 10 bucks. I am a 38 ddd btw. I'll never use anything else for working out ever again!
  • julesloveland
    julesloveland Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have FF and wear the Shock Absorber Run. It's not perfect but I only have to wear one bra. Having said that I tend to stick to weights and spinning - dunno how it would hold up with jumping. I would recommend. (I'm in the UK).
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Victorias secrets sports bras are ahhhhh mazing
  • fornowiamwinter
    fornowiamwinter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know that maternity sports bras existed! Thanks so much for replying, I'll go search online as I don't have Wal-mart in my country!
  • fornowiamwinter
    Options
    I have FF and wear the Shock Absorber Run. It's not perfect but I only have to wear one bra. Having said that I tend to stick to weights and spinning - dunno how it would hold up with jumping. I would recommend.

I have seen that one, it's really the only one I've seen in stores here. I'll give it a more in depth Google. Thank you! P.s Jumping is evil! :wink:
  • julesloveland
    julesloveland Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    P.s Jumping is evil! :wink:

Sure is for us 'bigger chested' girls! (Two black eyes anyone?)

• HSheartsNachos
    HSheartsNachos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a high support one from Fabletics that is the best I have tried. I'm a 36F for reference :)
  • fornowiamwinter
    Options
    All the replies so far have been great help, now I have a set list of bras to check out. Hopefully I'll be pain-free when I get a new one. Thanks ladies! :smile:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I've had luck with the Maia model from Moving Comfort (same company as Brooks running shoes).
  • velvet4899
    velvet4899 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'll second the VS sport bras.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I like the Goddess sports bra, Anita Extreme Control, and Champion All-Out Wirefree. Good luck!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered Panache - they do wired and un-wired sports bras. So comfortable and supportive, and they'll still colourful/fun. They're a UK brand, not sure if they're available in the USA? I also like Triumph Triaction bras.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I second panache - not cheap but I am 32GG (was 34H) and found I can run in confidence with them. I used to use Freya Active as well and found underworked sports bras are the way to go.

I know it's a UK site but they do ship internationally, have a look because they have the most amazing range of brands and bras for all sizes and might help the search!

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk
  • annna777
    annna777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I third Victoria Secret, the one is use is The Ultimate Sports bra which has a nice wide band with three hooks, wide straps, and padded. Keeps me supported, not crazy about thick padding because it makes me look bigger; however I love the non-see through cup coverage. I can't wear Victoria Secret bras due to lack of support with skinny bands. I was referred to VS by a sales gal at REI, REI's sports bra lacked non-see through coverage. I was hesitant to go to VS and bought two last year. I went back for three more this year and the same one. So far they are working out great.
  • fornowiamwinter
    Options
    I've just discovered Panache - they do wired and un-wired sports bras. So comfortable and supportive, and they'll still colourful/fun. They're a UK brand, not sure if they're available in the USA? I also like Triumph Triaction bras.
    I second panache - not cheap but I am 32GG (was 34H) and found I can run in confidence with them. I used to use Freya Active as well and found underworked sports bras are the way to go.

I know it's a UK site but they do ship internationally, have a look because they have the most amazing range of brands and bras for all sizes and might help the search!

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk

That's great, thanks ladies! I'm in Ireland so I should be able to order them :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I second Freya Active. At 36 J/JJ I never thought I would feel supported and comfortable at the same time, but that one surprised me, without feeling all squashed-in to the neck. I also have shock absorber, it's supportive but the squashed uniboob makes it hard to breath while running even though I went up a band for comfort.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No offense but if you can fit in VS bras of any kind you're probably not in the "my chest is so huge (DDD, G, H range) I have to wear 2 super compression sports bras to even attempt any kind of high impact activity, ...and its still not enough" club.
    I'm mostly commenting on this thread because I also want ideas of the best brands to try (I've heard shock absorber is great, and I think I'm going to try that one).
    Its soooo frustrating trying to find anything for very large busts. Bathing suit tops... yup have to wear a full support bra under one that already has a full bra in it. Regular bras... yup (if you can find them) only in the ugliest styles, colors and zeeeero cute prints. Hello granny style. Ugh, I hope continuing to lose weight will get rid of most of them.
    Sorry, its late dont mind my huge boob pity party over here lol, rant over.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber and it worked fantastic. I have now lost 35 pounds and not so good cause it is too big. I need to get another one I'm still in the Super huge can't do jumping Jacks without a good sports bra group. I have switched to pool exercise for summer but will get a new sa bra in the fall.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber and La Isla are good.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Tricia7188 wrote: »
    No offense but if you can fit in VS bras of any kind you're probably not in the "my chest is so huge (DDD, G, H range) I have to wear 2 super compression sports bras to even attempt any kind of high impact activity, ...and its still not enough" club.
    I'm mostly commenting on this thread because I also want ideas of the best brands to try (I've heard shock absorber is great, and I think I'm going to try that one).
    Its soooo frustrating trying to find anything for very large busts. Bathing suit tops... yup have to wear a full support bra under one that already has a full bra in it. Regular bras... yup (if you can find them) only in the ugliest styles, colors and zeeeero cute prints. Hello granny style. Ugh, I hope continuing to lose weight will get rid of most of them.
    Sorry, its late dont mind my huge boob pity party over here lol, rant over.

VS actually has DDD now