Just having trouble sticking with it...

Options
randomgirl913
randomgirl913 Posts: 12 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
I think I've become a bit lazy in the past month. My dieting has always been on again, off again, but finally I got to the point where I was doing it every day. Then I got a job and all of the sudden I haven't been watching what I eat. I pick low calorie items and things that I like, I'm not restrictive in WHAT I eat, just portions. Yet lately I've been eating too much. I've been stressed, so I haven't been paying attention to if I'm going over my calorie goals. How do I get out of this rut? I am starting to gain weight back, and it just makes me feel even worse.

Replies

• cbindustriess
    cbindustriess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey do you want to be accountability partners :)
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You know, I've had this problem on and off. I'll do great for a few weeks and then, I'll have a hard time due to wanting large portions from stress. I find that if I focus on walking or some sort of exercise for relief that I tend not to overeat. I'll eat some of my calories that I exercise but not all of them. It has been working for me so far.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I think you get out of it by logging your food and exercise, even if you just want to blow it off! That's when you need to do it the most!!!!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Find a strong WHY. What is driving you to make these positive changes? It needs to be something important to you. For example, my why is my son. I stay disciplined because the results teach him how to be healthy and fit. Find something that's important to you.

Also, find some accountability...whether it be a single person or a support group. That's really helpful too, since you'll have someone there to encourage you to keep striving to improve.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1. figure out how to eliminate or at least minimize your stress. Life is too short!
    2. sometimes putting reminders of my goals around helps me stay on track. A note, or a picture, or a quote or something to remind me when I am distracted.
    3. just make yourself do it, thats really what it comes to, sometimes I am feeling it and sometimes I am not but I will tell you personally I have never had success without a nice long accurate logging streak
  • CLG188
    CLG188 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Your not only one with this problem. I'm going though the same thing.
  • CLG188
    CLG188 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sorry about my post before. I didn't get a chance to finish it. I try to do it on my cell phone but, it wouldn't let me finish so I'm on the big computer.
    I'm getting more lazier because I seem to not have the motivation. And I have to do this for my health because I'm on high blood pressure medication and high cholesterol medication and I want to get off these stupid pills! Maybe I need a buddy or something. I'm on here and Fitbit, Facebook.
    Maybe we should start a group or something like that. Any ideas!?
  • dianamtiya
    dianamtiya Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm good for a few days/weeks and then I get tired/ busy/ stressed and it all falls apart. I have like 20 lbs and am looking for some friends for motivation/ accountability. Thanks!
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I bet you dedicate time to other things so why not to food? Everyone's 'busy' so that's not an excuse.
    I bought take away containers. I dedicate 1 to 2 hours sunday be it first thing or last thing and weight cook and measure my food to take to work the next week. I then know the calories I'm eating each lunch to log. And it's done in my take away Containers. Done. I know I'll pair it with say fruit, nuts, pop corn. Whatever it is. Breakfast, I have a general idea what I'm having so I weigh and log, no suprise there. When I do the shopping list I get what I'm having for lunch and dinners. I know say sunday Monday I'm having spaghetti. Tue wed I'm doing stir fri. Thur fri bbq. Doing a little more planning and prep at end of week saves loads of time during week. I try when I make stuff do enough for 2 nights so no slaving every night. The nights I don't have to cook I can do other stuff.
    Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!