Bodyweight exercise for fat loss

Options
Hi everyone,
I was doing strong curves on and off for the last one month but now due to some issues won't be able to join a gym for the next 2 months. So was thinking of doing something like yayog or Convict conditioning or any programme that I can do at home. Which one would you recommend ?? My primary goal is to known off the last 20-22 pounds which is taking forever. I know of course that being in deficit is the most important thing but I also want to lose fat and shape up my body
Kindly advice
Thanks

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You answered your own question, both programs are good and when incorporated with a proper diet can get you where you want to go. I do think yayog is a little more user friendly for laying out a workout.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25 and I love the way it makes me feel. I'm thinking about getting the YAYOG dvds (my preferred method of exercise) to incorporate more strength but I'm not very strong. Let us know how it goes.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have a YAYOG app on my iPad, I think it set me back $4.99. Very good, 4 different levels from beginner to advanced. About 10 weeks each level, so it'll last you a good part of the year.

It won't really help you lose weight, it'll just help you build muscle and definition under the weight so as it comes off you'll have something to show, but its very good. I look at it this way:

Diet=losing weight
    Weight training=meet my fitness goals (build muscle, have a 6 pack, whatever)
    Cardio=increase health and burn extra calories

I would recommend all three. When I was really going hard at it, I really watched what I ate, did YAYOG 3 times a week, and did C25K 3 days a week (took one day off). That was a recipe for me that worked really well. Of course, running after leg day took a while to get used to... ;)

Good luck!
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the YAYOG app. I may look into that in addition to T25 which is basically pure cardio. I love that it's 25 minutes. The holy trinity of MFP is to be dubbed diet, weights, cardio.