MFP app not giving me enough deficet?

alright. sorry sheehs. I didn't understand it correctly clearly. Thanks to those who are helpful.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    BMR isn't your maintenance, it's what your body would need to run if it's in a coma.

You want TDEE(Total Daily Energy Expenditure) set to Sedentary : 1629

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

This puts your daily deficit at 1629-1370=259 Or just over half a lb a week loss if you eat at your BMR instead of 1200.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I'm confused - are you saying that 1200 isn't enough of a deficit from your BMR of 1370? Because you don't really want to eat below your BMR, your deficit is taken from your TDEE, or Total Daily Energy Expenditure, which is your BMR plus what you burn through daily activities and any exercise.

1200 is actually too low for most people. Also, since you don't have a lot of weight to lose, a small deficit is going to be your best bet anyway. You want to eat above your BMR - food is fuel!

If you stick with what MFP has set for you, eat to your daily goal and eat back exercise cals. But you could tweak your settings a bit - make sure you're not set with a 2lb a week loss goal - too aggressive. Half a pound a week would be best, which would likely raise your daily goal, and be better for ya.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    First suggestion. Learn what BMR & TDEE are. Second suggestion. Eat more, not less.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    First suggestion. Learn what BMR & TDEE are. Second suggestion. Eat more, not less.

Wow. This is Twice I've agreed with Mokey.

Where's that FR?
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    BMR isn't your maintenance, it's what your body would need to run if it's in a coma.

You want TDEE(Total Daily Energy Expenditure) set to Sedentary : 1629

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

This puts your daily deficit at 1629-1370=259 Or just over half a lb a week loss if you eat at your BMR instead of 1200.

I think you should eat your BMR and lose 0.5lbs a week since you only have 10 pounds to lose. A small deficit will insure you with minimal muscle loss while losing fat. Remember being toned with a flat and nice looking stomich is about having a low bodyfat percentage, which is the ratio of lean body mass vs fat.