Advice required from Insanity Graduates

Options
Hello everyone,

I've been using MyFitnessPal on and off for the last year or so. About 2 months ago I decided to start taking it seriously and set myself the challenge of doing Shaun T's Insanity programme. I've never been fat as such but there's always been plenty of room for improvement, I want to lose a bit off my belly, some off my butt and improve my fitness.

I've completed the first month but I didn't follow the diet, I simply ate whatever I wanted but kept my calorie intake below 1700. When I got to my 30 day picture I was super nervous because I didn't want to see no improvement and jack it in. Unfortunately there's really not a huge change....I've definitely improved my fitness levels though.

Here's the pic for reference: http://d.pr/i/stN7

Tonight I finished the 5th week of the programme which is the recovery week, I start the hardcore final month in 2 days. I decided to take the diet plan seriously for the final month so I'm actually going to eat the suggested 5 meals a day and see if it makes a difference.

The questions I have for you guys are:

Q1. Did you achieve results without following the diet plan, or did you follow it for the whole 63 days?
Q2. I'm worried that I won't be able to eat all of the meals without feeling really full...is it difficult?
Q3. Finally, I hear the 2nd month is brutal! Any tips for me?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your answers :)!

Replies

• DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Done Insanity twice now

1) Never followed their diet plan. Didn't buy shakeology either
    2) I didn't end up here on MFP by not being able to eat :blushing:
    3) Dig Deeper, correct form, core tight, knees soft, breathe, FOCUS and keep pressing play

Don't rely on a picture for comparison, that's what the Fit Tests are for. Hopefully you took measurements as well?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm in Month 2 now and having substantial results.

1) I don't do the diet plan. I eat my normal calories plus whatever I burn per my HRM and try to hit my 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat macros.
    2) If you're worried about feeling too full, calorie dense foods are your friend. You can also break meals up throughout the day (there's no need to wait until after the workout when you know approximately what you'll be burning that day). I've never had issues with eating all of the food.
    3) Month 2 is harder, but no more so than the first week of Month 1 was. The shock comes in having to step it up again, but you've already crossed that hurdle once, so you can surely do it again. There are some new moves, but I haven't had a workout yet that I couldn't finish. I need to take my breaks occasionally, but I get them done.

Agree. Pictures are good, but the fit test and body measurements also tell you a lot.
  • midgar777
    midgar777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys. I haven't taken measurements...what exactly should I be measuring?

You can't get shakology over in the uk so it's not an option for me. I'm definitely going to try the diet plan though and see how it goes.

You get bonus points for saying "Dig Deeper" that made me laugh haha!