More on water intake

Options
I really need to up my water intake (I'm a bit of a diet coke addict so am trying to cut it out) but I'm not a huge fan of just water. I've been keeping my water in a 1ltr. bottle and while I'm at home I go through it really fast it seems. It's only 1:30PM here and I've already had 2 ltrs. The question being, is this alright or should I try to spread out water consumption through the day?

I do plan on drinking when I'm thirsty of course...or am I just overthinking this? *L*

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't know an exact answer but I would say as long as you get it in it would be fine. I drink 12-14 cups in the 4-8hrs a day that I work and then around 8 more cups when I get home. Sometimes I just stop at the 14 and everything seems fine.
  • BarbieCat1
    BarbieCat1 Posts: 82
    Options
    You're probably overthinking a bit, but there's nothing wrong with awareness, which is one of the main things I'm learning since beginning to get serious about my fitness program.

I was unaware how much I was eating daily... the odd handfuls of this or that, the size of portions, the frequency of snacks and how little water I was drinking. I kept a journal of what I was putting in my body prior to starting my new life style plan ... I was shocked ! So now I'm keeping track of everything and taking care to eat light and right. That includes water.

Diet beverages do no apparently help one lose weight. The "experts" are finding that they trigger our appetites for sweets and carbs. so, yes, we should stick with good old water for the most part, but tea, coffee, flavored drinks do count as liquids in the big picture for the day.

I think drinking water throughout the day is probably best. I find that a glass before every meal helps me feel full so I eat less. Plus, sometimes what we perceive as hunger is actually thirst.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I dont know the answer to your question. What I do is drink about 10-12 cups of water during the 8 hour work day (due to the convience of how I work), I drink another 1-2 on my way home after my work out, and then I never actually feel thirsty for the about 2-3 hours I spend at home before bed. This system works really well for me.
  • MissMaz
    MissMaz Posts: 92
    Options
    Thanks for the help and the suggestions. I am going to try my best to cut out the fizzy drinks (diet or not *L*) for as long as I can and spread out my consumption a bit. I do like the idea of having a glass of water before each meal.

Thanks again :)