Bingeing

Options
Can't seem to stop eating in the afternoon and evening any tips? I usually consume well over 4000 calories by the time I'm done need help

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You have power over food, it does not have power over you.

If you feel you have no control, I suggest getting some help. Have you thought of Overeaters Anonymous, or therapy to deal with your issue?
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I deal with it too. You're not alone :( Mine comes from a long history of dieting and compulsive exercise. it's hard to believe i was able to eat 1200-1500 calories for so long and deal with the sleep deprivation, painful hunger, aches and pains of running 4+ miles a day, fasting...and now I am paying for it by fearing hunger, unable to sleep on a deficit, and overeating daily. Not sure how similar your issue is to mine but my point is, it usually comes from restriction. sometimes taking a break in "dieting" and eating at your maintenance level is helpful for people...nothing has really helped me yet. exercise is the only thing that frees my mind from this and makes me refocus my goals, lessens my cravings to eat food that doesn't nourish my body. sucks though, the next day is always awful.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Start eating more and better earlier in the day. Plan real meals that you'll look forward to, and eat them. Get enough sleep and rest and fun, and exercise for health and enjoyment, not to punish yourself (for eating, no matter if you are doing it to "make room for more food" or because you've "been bad").

If you have emotional issues that need professional attention, please seek help as soon as possible.