Weekly calories?

Options
I do really well with the WW daily/weekly calorie budget. Without the weekly calorie budget, high calorie days tend to spiral out of control, so straight calorie counting has been unsustainable. Has anyone found a good method (not involving a separate spreadsheet) for monitoring weekly process with any calorie counting app or website? I'd like to get away from points and monthly meetings.

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I use the MFP Android app to stay on top of weekly net cals. I have a screen cap from it in my post here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428970/2-years-130lbs-and-a-very-long-post-with-a-pile-of-pics-at-the-end

Editing to add that what is great about this is if you are already logging with MFP via browser or phone, you don't have to enter all your food and exercise twice!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I just look at the Reports for calories and net calories if I care to see what the weekly, 30-day, 90-day, or 180-day looks like.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Math. Lol. I just multiply by seven to get my weekly calorie goal.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Not sure I understand your question. MFP gives you a daily calorie budget (goal). Multiply your daily calorie goal x7 and there's your budget for the week. Most people here use MFP's food diary for calorie counting. There are reports to show you various timeframe's data such as calories or nutrients.

You have a few options for budgeting your calorie deficit: You can stay within your daily calorie budget every day. You can do some exercise to give yourself more daily calories to work with. You can eat less calories for a few days and "bank" calories for later in the week. You can do intermittent fasting.

If you stay as close as possible to your daily calorie budget, you will achieve your goal.
    Sorry if I didn't answer your question completely but I wasn't sure where to start.
  • blueskychica
    blueskychica Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    In terms of calorie intake, has anyone else ever put their body into starvation mode before?
    Apparently I have, so I'm starting with a higher calorie intake: 1750-2000.

I took a Metabolic Rate Test (oxygen measuring for a time period) at my University Health/Nutritional Lab, and was told I'd been undereating for a year. That I had great muscle and a high metabolism (crazy, for a gal 50 lbs overweight).

Since I'd just spent an entire year strictly eating 1200 calories, plus religious exercising (I really wanted to lose this weight), this lead to me being SUPER frustrated that I was gaining weight. So, I'm now coming off of a year off, where I've gained about 15 lbs, and now I'm starting over with a higher calorie intake, hopefully on the path to losing 50 lbs of fat.

Hoping hoping hoping this will work!
    For those that are nerdy about calories and exercise, I'm an athletic girl (skiing, biking), and veggie cook, and I'm starting over, on day 1. I'm happy to have ifitnesspal friends to motivate and talk nerdy exercise types and food idea.

• jxb1959
    jxb1959 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "Banking" calories is whet I would like to do. Is there some way to track that on MFP or another app/website? I've invented a kludge that should work, but I'm hoping that there is an app or website that is designed for the purpose.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    In the android /Ios app they have a weekly view that breaks down what you are looking for. I track weekly calories and thats where I manage it.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This is the easiest app I have see for.tracking food/calories.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    jxb1959 wrote: »
    "Banking" calories is whet I would like to do. Is there some way to track that on MFP or another app/website? I've invented a kludge that should work, but I'm hoping that there is an app or website that is designed for the purpose.

Well, that's kind of why I use the fitbit fuel gauge I posted in my other thread. I guess that's my kludge, Fitbit and MFP Android mixed with trendweight.com. I do have a spreadsheet, but I never really got it how I wanted it, and it was more data entry when I already can see a general idea with my regular programs. If I get to a place where I can't get the last 5lbs off tho, the spreadsheet is coming back out.