Ideas on a Home Elliptical Trainer?

Options
pondee629
pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
So no one had an opinion on the Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical Trainer, are there ideas on which Home Elliptical Trainer delivers the "best bang for the buck"?

thank you

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My buck was 80 so I got a great one for the small space I needed it for. It was an Exerputic...
  • pondee629
    Options
    Thanks IILike To Move. How long have you had yours and how is it holding up?
  • pondee629
    Options
    Seems to be very little interest on Elliptical Trainers here. ;-(
  • pondee629
    Options
    So, my final decision was to join a gym and use their ellipticals and treadmills. At $20 a month it would take 5/6 years to meet the cost of a good elliptical. anything less than $1500 was less than adequate.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have one and it is a Sole E25. If or when you might be interested in a more of an industrial type for home, this is a good one.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Octane Fitness has some great machines. Nice range of motion in them. I find many of the others in the market do for well for anyone over 5'8".
  • pondee629
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have one and it is a Sole E25. If or when you might be interested in a more of an industrial type for home, this is a good one.

On Anazon:
    SOLE E25 Elliptical; by SOLE; $1,999.00+ $290.89 shipping
    Makes my point: That's 114 months (9.5 years) to break even at the $20 per month gym membership.
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    Octane Fitness has some great machines. Nice range of motion in them. I find many of the others in the market do for well for anyone over 5'8".

Octane Fitness machines are $2,000 to $4,000 through Amazon. Economics seems to make the gym membership much more cost effective.

Plus the space these things take up in your living space. My basement is out of the question, nowhere near enough head room.

Seems anything close to affordable is just not a good machine. Did an hour on a Life Fitness Treadmill watching "Eddie the Eagle" ski jump, while at the gym. It was not horrible. But, still waiting for the heat to break to get back running outdoors.

Thanks for your feed back, all. I like my decision, but respect yours.