Confession time!

Options
2»

Replies

• taylax91
    taylax91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    After weighing whatever I am eating, I always take an extra bite or an extra piece. I used to not log it but now I'm trying to be more accountable and that seems to help me.
  • Linzjohnston
    Linzjohnston Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wine....I only have a glass or two occasionally....but I have big wine glasses.....pretty much kiss the bottle goodbye with 3 glasses. But those are only 4oz servings right?!?!?!?!? :s
  • hmltwin
    hmltwin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I nibble... I'll weigh out the serving of some trail mix or pototo chips and then, before I close the container, I grab just one small chip or little "twig" from the trail mix. I do the same when my sister is dishing out a portion of something for herself. I grab just one of whatever it is and eat it.

I'll log the weighed out portion, but never the extra. Thankfully... it doesn't happen often or I'd be in serious trouble.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Not that I am germaphobic or anything even mildly neurotic (at least in this instance) but I cannot eat other peoples leftovers, or from someone elses plate - not even my kids when they were little (or now that they arent so little!). It just seems too invasive of personal space to me and I cant bring myself to eat others castoffs - if I want good food, its not what someone else has left behind. And I can also see the danger in doing that in regard to extra calories that dont get logged or considered - that would be an easy weight gain for me.

My confession? My favourite guilty pleasure is to melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and a couple of marshmallows in a microwaveable mug for less than about 30 seconds, then I stir it up to combine and get a chocolately, peanut buttery sludge type concoction much like runny fudge. Its about a 500 calorie bomb, so I have to avoid having chocolate chips and marshmallows in the house from time to time, when my willpower isnt as strong as it could be!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    1. Late night snacks don't count.
    2. Food that drops on the counter doesn't count.
    3. Food you taste while preparing meals doesn't count.
    4. Tastes you sneak from the fridge, as you're walking by, doesn't count.
    5. Food that drops on the floor counts, even if you wash it. There's no such thing as a five-second rule.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I can't have cookies in my house or I will eat them all. My weakness. :(
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    1. Late night snacks don't count.
    2. Food that drops on the counter doesn't count.
    3. Food you taste while preparing meals doesn't count.
    4. Tastes you sneak from the fridge, as you're walking by, doesn't count.
    5. Food that drops on the floor counts, even if you wash it. There's no such thing as a five-second rule.

This is so me. Eating little pieces of things late at night and not logging, swigs of milk out of the carton, taste testing while eating...these things rarely get logged.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have brazil nuts on the kitchen counter. About every fourth time I walk by them, out comes the hammer, and I crack one. But I do count them. :)

Maybe I should not count them! Does swinging the hammer at them count as exercise, and does that exercise zero the Brazil nuts out? :)
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have brazil nuts on the kitchen counter. About every fourth time I walk by them, out comes the hammer, and I crack one. But I do count them. :)

Maybe I should not count them! Does swinging the hammer at them count as exercise, and does that exercise zero the Brazil nuts out? :)

Totally! More effort to obtain the food the less calories it has. Surely that's why fast food has so many calories?

(Well maybe not, you are probably better off counting!)
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I think I have an issue with our local bakery's Kiss biscuits.....

What started off as a trial has devolved into weekly, then thrice weekly to last week.... every day :o