Determinate but not motivated.

Options
does it even make any sense?

I'm feeling so ready to lose the last few lbs from pregnancy, but I'm not motivated. To go to the gym is a struggle, I make it happen and I don't have that satisfactory feeling of "yeah!! I'm glad I came"

Replies

• abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with this as well. I've set myself up for success by focusing a good two months on my diet only...Not even considering exercise. Truly, that was my biggest problem. Set daily goals for yourself and meet them at your own pace.

Patience is the toughest part because you want to get fit overnight. I've had to learn to accept setbacks and push forward.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I guess what has happening is that in 1 year I haven't lose a single pound. Even though I know why (food choices when we are Out with the kids and hubby) it has me down. This time I have the will power. I love working out, but the past couple months I haven't been motivated to do it.
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What you are going through can relate to, since have this feelinng every now and then..

At the end for me it is always been a mind game, convincing myself that I can do it. Surrounding with positive people helps a bit but end of the day we are on our own.

STAY strong. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options

Not really since determinate isn't a word...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »

Actually, it IS a word, but it is not the right word.

Determinate and indeterminate refer to types of tomatoes...bush and vine, respectively. The OP is determined, we suppose.

In your situation, set up a reward system for yourself. I have done this when times got very hard. For a while, I was rewarding myself with coffee. Nail polish and iTunes songs work for me too. :)

Find something external to push yourself to get it done. Once you have formed a habit and the exercise endorphins start flowing, you likely will not need to bribe yourself anymore.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »

English is my second language. Thank you very much for your observation. And very constructive advice, oh wait you didn't give any just criticized. Oh well... Thank you for your input very very helpful.... Not really.

Azulvioleta thank you very much. I will have to try that