Has anyone done the color run?

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did the color run when it came to Alaska last month. It was fun.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've done it. It was awesome. I'd drive two hours for it.
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Did the color vibe in Akron this year. Tons and tons and tons of people. It was fun but the color really doesn't stick. There was so many people my husband and I ended up walking it. The walkers were getting mad at the runners for running. Eh, go figure.
  • marshiemellow
    Options
    I didn't run it but I was one of the people who threw the colouring at people. It was really fun and next year I want to run it! I think it is worth driving to but as a word of warning I would advise people to keep their mouths closed as they run through the colour stations because the powder tastes disgusting.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    In Columbus. I live right outside of Dayton so that a pretty long drive.

It sounds so fun.

Too bad I don't know anyone else who runs, all my friends are lazy. Lol

YES!

I've done two...Columbus last year and Eastern MI this year...and will be doing my third next saturday in Columbus! I can't wait. I live near Detroit (about a 3 hr drive), and will be heading down there for a fun time with a bunch of awesome MFP people!

That being said, I should qualify this...it's a REALLY fun time to do something active with friends and maybe run a little...but it's not a "serious" race, it's not timed and you most likely wont be able to run everything. BUT...if you're looking for a good time, go for it! It's awesome!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Ohio State grad here! Do you mean 2 hours of driving in total, or 2 hours each way? Last I knew, it only took a little more than an hour to get to Dayton from Columbus. Back in the day, we used to drive from OSU to Hara to watch WCW and it was a pretty fast road trip.

An hour of driving each way for a race isn't all that bad. If something is two hours away from me, it really has to be something super-unique or I won't bother. The cost of gas here in upstate NY is fairly high. And, most races have early start times, so it's either wake up with the chickens and drive to the race, or get a hotel room nearby (and still wake up early).

A group in our area is trying to get a color run for sometime next year. The closest one that I know of is in NYC, which is a three-hour drive one way. I think the color run is a good idea as it gives people a chance to run with friends and family, have a good time together, and not really care about how fast they finish. In fact, it costs the same amount of money regardless of how long you take, so why rush? Have a great time, take pictures, and savor the memories!

Also a proud Buckeye here!! O-H!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Fun way to get into racing...it's just fun, and not at all serious or competitive.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Ohio State grad here! Do you mean 2 hours of driving in total, or 2 hours each way? Last I knew, it only took a little more than an hour to get to Dayton from Columbus. Back in the day, we used to drive from OSU to Hara to watch WCW and it was a pretty fast road trip.

An hour of driving each way for a race isn't all that bad. If something is two hours away from me, it really has to be something super-unique or I won't bother. The cost of gas here in upstate NY is fairly high. And, most races have early start times, so it's either wake up with the chickens and drive to the race, or get a hotel room nearby (and still wake up early).

A group in our area is trying to get a color run for sometime next year. The closest one that I know of is in NYC, which is a three-hour drive one way. I think the color run is a good idea as it gives people a chance to run with friends and family, have a good time together, and not really care about how fast they finish. In fact, it costs the same amount of money regardless of how long you take, so why rush? Have a great time, take pictures, and savor the memories!

Also a proud Buckeye here!! O-H!

I-O! GO BUCKS!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Black vs. White?

That's so funny :laugh: