Chimichanga Restaurant

Options
Hi all,

I'm off out tonight for dinner and plan to have the Ranchero Salad at Chimichanga's, unfortunately they have no nutritional information that I can find. Any ideas on the calorie content?

The salad consists of: Chicken breast, mixed leaves, roasted red peppers, red onion, baby corn, cucumber, cherry tomatoes a warm tortilla and ranchero dressing. I've seen a similar salad which advised 450, what do you think?

On another note I went to Nando's recently and they actually have the option on their website for you to add your meal to a 'basket' so to speak and it will tell you the total calorie content of the meal! Then you can change it around to increase or decrease, I thought it was a fantastic idea to help you stay on track when eating out!

Thanks in advance :)

Helen

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    There's not going to be any way to gauge this without weights. The tortilla alone: I've seen them range from 175-900, depending upon the size and fat content.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    The tortilla and the ranchero dressing will be your calorie bombs.
    Is this a salad in a deep fried tortilla crust? - I would not eat deep fried flour if you are trying to lose weight.