Options

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

My recipe is:
    150g plain unsweetened yogurt (can use pre-sweetened, but doesn't get as pie-like, even sitting in the fridge overnight. )
    6-8 grams stevia in the raw powder (taste after 2 tsp and tweak from there)
    A couple drops each vanilla and butter flavoring
    5g creamy natural pb
    18g Pb2

It's just over 200 cals and has 22g of protein. You can lower cals by skipping the real PB.

Whoops. 10g real PB. (I was thinking of my half size recipe when I wrote 5. The more peanut butter fat, the more pie-like it is.)
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Often
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Slice a banana up and put in the freezer for a while then spread some pb on a half and put an other have on top to make little banana pb sandwich and dip one side in dark chocolate :)
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    Like I like my men, smooth and satisfying.

Dang it ... I'm more on the chunky side.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion, the quintessential PB&J is:

Arnold Brick Oven bread
    Skippy Super Chunk Peanut Butter
    St. Dalfour Black Raspberry Jam (NOT Blackberry!)

Put the PB on one slice; spread Kerry Gold unsalted butter on the other slice first, then spread with jam. It keeps the jam from soaking into the bread, especially if you're packing it for lunch.

HOWEVER...peanuts are not Paleo, so I am currently substituting almond butter. I get the fresh ground from Whole Foods. It's awesome.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    In my humble opinion, the quintessential PB&J is:

Arnold Brick Oven bread
    Skippy Super Chunk Peanut Butter
    St. Dalfour Black Raspberry Jam (NOT Blackberry!)

Put the PB on one slice; spread Kerry Gold unsalted butter on the other slice first, then spread with jam. It keeps the jam from soaking into the bread, especially if you're packing it for lunch.

HOWEVER...peanuts are not Paleo, so I am currently substituting almond butter. I get the fresh ground from Whole Foods. It's awesome.

I just hope you can see how silly paleo is by just this one statement. :wink:
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I also make a delicacy out of bananas cut in 3 or 4" chunks, split lengthwise, spread with almond (or peanut) butter, insert a slice of good cooked bacon, top with other half of banana, and dip one end in dark chocolate. Place a few of these on a pan and freeze til the chocolate sets.

Don't blame me if you eat too many!
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own. I go grab a pound of unsalted roasted peanuts and throw them into my NiNjA blender. I add some chipotle powder, some salt, and a few other spices. I then blend until it is the consistency I want. Makes a great smoky/spicy nut butter that pairs great with sweet honey/jam The spiced nut butter and sweetness of the jam make a great taste combo.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can eat with anything but my current favourite is peanut butter banana milkshake.

Frozen banana, peanut butter, protein powder (optional!), milk (I use soy but any personal preference works) blended into creamy deliciousness. I sometimes add unsweetened cocoa for a chocolatey version.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    In quantities too large to have nearly as often as I'd like. LOL. But when I work them in, usually as part of a sauce for udon or rice noodles.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You are killing me! ☺
  • KristenG80
    KristenG80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have switched to the PB2 powdered, even though I am not a huge fan of Peanut Butter except as the occasional boredom/emotion salve. It's close enough I am happy with the switch.

But giving up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...... :'(:(
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    KristenG80 wrote: »
    I have switched to the PB2 powdered, even though I am not a huge fan of Peanut Butter except as the occasional boredom/emotion salve. It's close enough I am happy with the switch.

But giving up Reese's Peanut Butter Cups...... :'(:(

I'll use PB2 depending on what I'm making, but there are some times it just won't sub for the real thing. Hehe
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I really love the natural peanut butters. A few months ago I had a tsp of the peanut butter with sugar in it...yuck.
    I like to have a little bowl with a couple of tsps of natural pb, and this week I actually put 1/2 tsp of chocolate icing it. Tastes like Reeses
  • smplstps4wrd
    smplstps4wrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Smooth.. by the spoonful! <3
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    In my Reese Cups.

Yes please. Especially frozen, during this current obnoxious heat wave
  • tammmers83
    tammmers83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    GeoBaybee wrote: »
    Looking for more ideas for my favorite meal/snack addition.

Bliss nut butter! Epic! Www.blissnutbutters.com
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid it because its a bit of a trigger food for me. But when I can have a little, Ill use it for dip on my veggies. Celery, carrots, bananas, whatever.

I like the flavor and texture of it, so I tend to not mix it in as an ingredient with other foods (aside from peanut butter cookies).

You could also do no bake peanut butter bars. So good. Just gotta watch how much sugar you add. I suppose you could make it with erythritol.