Help with steps not in the diary?

Options
I am back after a while away. Previously there was a black box on my diary that said "steps" and I could link my Fitbit and my steps would show up there as a line item. I have connected my fitbit to MFP but that steps bar does not show up in my diary at all. So no steps are being recorded from my fitbit into my diary and no calorie adjustments are being made. I have the I phone 6 plus. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I appreciate your help!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Honestly, it's not you. It's MFP right now. I'm only getting adjustments every couple of days. I currently haven't had one for the past 3 days. If you go to the progress area and change the view from weight to Fitbit steps, do you see your steps then?

For me what's happening is that Fitbit is sending the information over (it shows up under check in on the website/progress on the app), but MFP isn't giving me adjustments (not a 0 adjustment...it's completely missing all together) or showing my steps on my app home page.

It's a known issue and has been going on for the past few weeks.
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1824975-known-issues-integration-partners

Thread about it in the Fitbit Users Group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10418949/steps-not-showing-on-mfp/p1
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I am also connected to the FitBit app but the calories are not adjusting, glad to see it's not just me. I can see the calories on the FitBit app but no adjustment here so there must be technical problems on the MFP side.
  • SageAndFreedom
    SageAndFreedom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! If I change my progress from weight to steps, it shows all the steps that it has logged in the past (earlier this year) but nothing recent. I've disconnected completely and reconnected completely and still no joy. I will look at the threads you provided as well (and try to be patient). :-) thanks!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It is doing the same thing with my Garmin Vivofit2. MFP told me to contact Garmin which I just did this morning. I wish it would get fixed
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It's a MFP issue right now. Having the same problem with my own Fitbit, and I would like this figured out sooner rather than later. Hopefully it's fixed ASAP.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It was working fine yesterday and even first thing this morning. Hopefully a temporary issue.