Sugar too high

Options
Hey everyone...I just started this and am eating healthy. I'm good in every area except my sugars are always bad. I eat fresh fruits and it still goes up. Is this okay or no? Also, what foods are good that don't add them sugar points?

Replies

• carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    Darlene, I was just going to post something like this. My sugar is also in the red most of the time and I'm only getting the sugar from fruit. I hope someone answers you (I want to know too) :)
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you search for this, you'll find lots of threads on it. A lot of people ignore their sugars, IF they're getting it from natural sources like fruit and if they don't have an underlying medical problem. MFP sets the "goal" so low that it's impossible to stay within it if you eat more than one piece of fruit a day. Personally, I just make sure my fat, protein and fiber are fabulous. If they are, and if I haven't had much added sugar, I don't worry....
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    MFP sugar goals are based on national recommendations for added sugar only. There are no agreed upon standards for natural sugar, barring other health issues such as diabetes. MFP does not distinguish between added and natural sugar in the diary, so it is very easy to go over the limit by eating the recommended amount of fruit in a day. This is why many people choose to ignore the sugar macro.