Honey, I Shrunk the Wedding Dress!

Options
Alarae21
Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
edited July 2016 in Success Stories
Last August I went dress shopping with my mum and future mother in law and found THE dress. I didn't order in a smaller size as while I wanted to lose weight, I didn't want to pressure myself and potentially not have any dress at all at the end. Its easy to make a dress smaller, not so much bigger!

My weight loss journey didn't really ignite until halfway through January 2016. I just woke up one day and thought 'better now then never'. I rebooted MFP and I have been tracking ever since.

In early February, my friend convinced me to go to an early morning Yoga session with her at the gym. I have been phobic to group exercise forever, for fear of being the 'unfit' one and being judged. That one class opened my eyes. No one cares what you do, they focus on themselves. You don't need to waste energy thinking about them, use it all on you and the exercise. I signed up for a gym membership that day and I usually go 6 times a week, to 10-11classes depending on the timetable for a mix of Cardio, weights and Pilates.

Now for the comparison pictures!

The picture on the left is November 2015, when my dress first came in. Sorry about the grumpy face, my mum doesn't take great pictures!

The picture on the right is me today. I'm hot, sticky, sweaty (England heatwave!) but ecstatic because I feel fantastic in my dress. It has been taken in four inches at the waist and an inch at the shoulders. And i have visible collarbones! Never happened in my adult life.

se4jzd6wsckt.png

I have lost 38.4 pounds to date. My journey isn't complete as I still want to continue with building a stronger, healthier me. But damn, I'm proud of me right now.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's an amazing achievement and a very beautiful dress

When's the wedding?
  • nowolga
    nowolga Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You are going to be a beautiful bride! Congrats girl!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You are such a beautiful bride! *cries a happy tear*
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I love your title. Haha. Congratulations!!! That look of pride and accomplishment is beautiful on you! Cheers to good health. :)
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and for your up-coming Wedding. You look stunning and my, the dress is very beautiful, totally lovely Bride. <3
  • SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I, too, was motivated by my wedding and lost 70 lbs and had my dress cut in HALF. I had the same "if not now, when" attitude and it's stuck around for me maintaining my weight 4 months after we said I do. Enjoy every moment of your wedding, it's true what they say - it passes by soooo quickly. Keep up your good work!
  • Kjo9111
    Kjo9111 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! So happy for you! You are such an inspiration! You look amazing in your dress! Congratulations!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look great and will be a beautiful bride. That dress is gorgeous!
  • chasitystiff138
    chasitystiff138 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl and congrats to you
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful bride. Congrats on your loss and your wedding!
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! Congratulations! Please post some wedding pics in this thread :)
    My husband and I wear our wedding outfits every year on our anniversary and dance to our first song. Besides for being romantic, it's a great way to check my weight each year. I'm hoping it will be loose the next time I put it on!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    s1024.gif
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Notaphase wrote: »
    You look stunning! Congratulations! Please post some wedding pics in this thread :)
    My husband and I wear our wedding outfits every year on our anniversary and dance to our first song. Besides for being romantic, it's a great way to check my weight each year. I'm hoping it will be loose the next time I put it on!

Aw, that's amazing!

I was thinking of using my wedding dress as a benchmark over the years. I know if it starts to get a bit snug then something needs to be done!

I may pinch your idea though, that's a beautiful thing.
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You not only look beautiful but happy inside as well. Congratulations.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. You have so much to be proud of!
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! And 4 inches off the waist?! Incredible. Congratulations on your success and your upcoming wedding :)
  • leilbobeil
    leilbobeil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing as you by ordering a dress that fit comfortably at the time instead of a size smaller. I don't know why girls add that amount of pressure to themselves, planning a wedding is stressful enough. And I LOVE that dress, super gorgeous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!