Sedentary vs lightly active

Options
I am 5'5 and I weigh 137lbs. I exercise 6x a week. I do hiit workouts and strength training. I sit most of the day but I also do chores around the house and cook daily. Once or twice a week I go to the beach and swim. 3x a week I go walking for 30 -40 min. Would this be considered lightly active. Can I set my activity level as lightly active and still add my exercise I do 6x a week.

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    i have always read it as, take out stuff that isnt part of your normal day, like specific exercise and then decide from there. I sit at a desk all day, but I go to the gym 6 times a week, i still chose sedentary. ISince you said you sit most of the day I would choose sedentary becuase those other things you are doing is because you are trying to lose.
  • KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i have always read it as, take out stuff that isnt part of your normal day, like specific exercise and then decide from there. I sit at a desk all day, but I go to the gym 6 times a week, i still chose sedentary. ISince you said you sit most of the day I would choose sedentary becuase those other things you are doing is because you are trying to lose.

YEP!!