Thoughts - Cheat Meal / Day - Yay or Nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Let her go. She's young and she's showing it. At 22, I didn't listen to anyone else either, especially if they talked about longterm effects. Many of us have to make our own mistakes and learn from them. It's become pretty obvious she is going to do her own thing no matter what you all say.

If and when she's ready, she'll be back and probably looking for answers. Until then, let it rest. As far as I know, in all of history no argument on a forum has ever actually been won!

Oh no, I know my advice is falling on deaf ears there, however, there are lots of lurkers on these forums who don't post themselves but they do listen, take advice and try to approach this in a slow and sustainable way. I hope some of them will read these posts and realize that aggressive calorie deficits are not only not necessary, they are not sustainable and not healthy.
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Let her go. She's young and she's showing it. At 22, I didn't listen to anyone else either, especially if they talked about longterm effects. Many of us have to make our own mistakes and learn from them. It's become pretty obvious she is going to do her own thing no matter what you all say.

If and when she's ready, she'll be back and probably looking for answers. Until then, let it rest. As far as I know, in all of history no argument on a forum has ever actually been won!

Oh no, I know my advice is falling on deaf ears there, however, there are lots of lurkers on these forums who don't post themselves but they do listen, take advice and try to approach this in a slow and sustainable way. I hope some of them will read these posts and realize that aggressive calorie deficits are not only not necessary, they are not sustainable and not healthy.

Agreed. That said, this wasn't what team original thread was about (cheat meals, if I remember!). Maybe another thread dedicated to VLCD and calculating TDEE would be easier to find for people looking for this specific information.