what is BEST to lose weight?

Options
ive have changed my lifestyle and diet, but wonder which activity will make me lose weight may be a kg a week!!!!!!!!

cycling? running? walking? power yoga? hiit?

please suggest

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat less.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Diet for weight loss, exercise for fitness.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Psst. Come in close. I'm going to tell you a secret.

The best way to lose weight is whatever you can stick to.

In most people's cases that means logging calories (or macros if you're sassy) and moving more. Watching your diet will be the biggest factor in your loss. Moving more will give you more wiggle room with your calories.

Good luck!
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your goals, but the best way to lose weight is a sustainable plan you can stick to. For me, that's a moderate reduction in calories coupled with heavy lifting. For others, it might be an aggressive deficit with no activity. For even others, it might be no reduction in calories with intense cardio. In my opinion a deficit by way of diet is easier than running/biking/walking/crossfitting/lifting the weight off. However, strength training is good for me personally because I want to preserve lean body mass and lose fat.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Deficit and more activity than zero.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,207 Member
    Options
    Whatever YOU like.

Personally, I love cycling. I've stuck with that for 43 years.

However, that said, variety is good too. What has worked for me is having one main sport (cycling), but I also walk, run, swim, lift weights, cross-country ski, snowshoe, climb stairs, canoe ...