Looking for Encouragement!

Options
hhume10
hhume10 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Hayley. I'm 19 years old and decided to lose weight to be more happy with myself. My starting weight was 150 pounds, and my goal is 125. I'm about 5'8". I started losing weight at the beginning of June by cutting out all forms of "junk" (except for one cheat day a week) and running and doing Tabata daily. So far, I've lost ten pounds, but it hasn't been easy. I see tons of posts about people dropping tons of weight really fast, and it's a little discouraging. I know it's because I have less weight to lose, but I still get frustrated. Part of it, I guess, is because I have a lot of muscle, so even though my body is changing, the scale isn't. For that reason, I know my actual weight isn't what I should be concerned with, but I'd still like to get to that 125 and I get frustrated with myself when I only lose a pound or a pound and a half a week. I would love to have some new MFP friends to encourage me, offer tips, keep me accountable, and for me to do the same for you!