Gym stares ?

Options
mrsmammahunter
mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Sounds silly but I am super new to lifting weight and it looks like it . Takes me a while to read the machine instructions and adjust etc. I get self conscious because I get a lot of stares and I have lost a lot of weight but the stares make me feel like how I felt really over weight doing cardio . I don't want to get discouraged any pointers on how to get over it.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    With sunglasses on, is how.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    What?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Huh?
  • mrsmammahunter
    Options
    Sorry I'm on my phone and it submitted before I could type it up lol. It has been fixed
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The bird is not good idea but I bet people aren't staring at you but through you. They are probably thinking nice things.
  • mrsmammahunter
    Options
    I don't think I am being paranoid sometimes they point and giggle to their buddies. It's always the dudes . Maybe I should just buy a weight bar to use at home .
  • mrsmammahunter
    Options
    I wear a hat low, put my ear buds in, play my music and do my thing. Don't let them bother you, prolly just checking you out anyway lol @mrsmammahunter (love that username btw) :)

Lol I doubt it but thank you. It's literally the same people everytime I'm non confrontational and I don't want to embarrass myself
  • mrsmammahunter
    Options
    I'll probably need to approach them next time.
  • mrsmammahunter
    Options
    I know it sounds ridiculous that I am letting it get to me but I'm not comfortable in my own skin yet.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Next time you see someone pointing at you, smile and wave or take the advice of going over to them and asking for advice. Either way you've called them out and they will probably leave you alone.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Make eye contact and ask for help.

Everybody has to learn at some point--it isn't anything to be embarrassed about.