At home exercises

Options
I'm trying to gain weight by increasing calories and do some weight based exercising to build muscle. I like fitness blender workouts on YouTube but curious as to what other have found helpful and not a waste of time with extra commentary in the exercise videos. Ideas?

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i have only used fitntess blender and hasfit.com
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What equipment do you have?
  • jbradyho
    jbradyho Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Just dumbells and kettle bells
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    jbradyho wrote: »

Can you be a little more specific about the weights you have? I think I would like to see if you have enough weights at home to begin building muscle, or at least see if you can progress from these weights you have at home?

Do you plan to recomp (eat at maint) or bulk (small surplus)..

A specific goal for where you want to be body composition wise is something you need think about and then form a plan to get there. I am afraid that just throwing around some light weights at home is gonna put on muscle mass.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    jbradyho wrote: »

Depending on the variety, there is a dumbbel routine in the below link. It does require a chin up bar or you can get resistance bands and a door attachment.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! I use Flex on the days I don't make it to the gym - it's basically a website that live-streams exercise classes run by instructors, and you can chat to them during the class which is useful for tailoring the workouts for your needs :)