Before I go on a long bulk, how long would it take me to go from 28% bf to sub 15 (12-14% range)?

Options
As the title says ^.

Thanks.

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Need current, height, weight, goal weight, your exercise plan, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How longs a piece of string?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Roughly 1% per month....
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    However long you think, plus longer. At 28% you are quite overweight so should not have too much issue getting to >20% however from there downwards it gets significantly harder.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're going to do so all the answers above are correct

I have to wonder why you're already thinking of bulking when you have a way to go to hit low enough BF ...would it not help you more if you focus on cutting and preserving as much lbm as possible ?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It took me about eleven months with no exercise, and a 36% deficit (1450 kcal), to go from roughly 19% to roughly 11%. 185 to 151. YMMV. Pretty good amount of lean loss in there as well, because I got lazy as *kitten*, and ate at such a huge deficit.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    3 years ago, it took me 5 months to go from 198 to 158 lbs and from 28% to 15% BF on about 1600-1800 net cal/day with at about 1 hr of cardio a day. It wasn't easy and I worked my butt off to do it.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    In addition to the other replies, it's going to depend a great deal on your ability to adhere to your diet.

Diet adherence varies a LOT(!!) from person to person. At best I think you're looking at a rate of weight loss between .5 and 1.5% BW per week (note: change in weight, not change in bodyfat) and that assumes you do everything right AND you are able to stick to it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you really willing to sacrifice that much?

• omar57
    omar57 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    if you do it right a good year, by right i mean trying to keep as much muscle as you can