Binging urges...

Options
I hate them. I hate that out of no where, all I want to do is eat junk. I hate that I have such little will power to deal with these moments. I hate that I have these issues with food.

I have MFP set for a 2lb/week loss (I have 200lbs+ to lose so I don't think it's too aggressive) but I was thinking of seeing what my calorie allowance would be for a 1lb/week loss and letting myself eat those extra calories today. Is that terrible? My line of thinking is that while my losses might not be as great for the week, I'm still eating at a loss, but also giving myself permission to eat more, which I'm hoping will curb the "I'm a failure" feelings for wanting to binge. Does that make sense?

I realise the better idea would be to ride the urges out but I don't know if that will work. I don't want to resist, resist, resist and then screw up royally on a large meat feast pizza and pint of ice cream or something, and then feel bad and feel like giving up.

I dunno. Maybe just writing this will help. Who knows.

Replies

• pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yes but you got to tell yourself what is it all for? the first couple of months will be hard, but just stick to your guns and grit your teeth....it will be all worth it....
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Some people find it help to use distraction when they are having food urges that are not directly related to hunger. Some will read a book, exercise, go visit someone, do crafts, etc. - whatever it takes to get the mind off of their food cravings. You could also try adjusting your macros, some people do better with less carbs to control food urges but some do better with lower protein.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I have issues with binging but I've been doing a lot better than I had in the past. If I want to get up to eat, I ask myself, am I truly hungry? Will this make me feel better (no) or will this just make me feel worse after? I actually made a weight-loss board that I have on my desk to "remind" me of what is important, being healthy. Try to distract yourself, or find out what makes you want to binge int he first place.