Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is Plexus.... a cult or what?

Options
CindyFooWho
CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
I'm sure that if you're into it, my subject line alone horrified you. Because I've never seen a group of people be so insane over....not sure what it is... a bunch of vitamin drinks? I mean, I don't particularly care because I prefer to get my nutrition from food. Eating is just generally more fun for me. But I have a Facebook friend who sells it or is somehow involved with it, and is pushing it every stinkin day. And it's starting to smell like a heavy marketing, if not a pyramid, if not brainwashing, scheme. She's a sweet lady, but I have to get her out of my newsfeed before I say something I shouldn't. The daily story is that her life was crap before but now she is smarter, more alert, more able to eat right and able to go to the gym because of this magic elixir. It's sad. You can do all of that without chemicals in a glass.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong. I respect the opinions of many on here, so if there is legit data to support this craziness, I'd be interested to hear about it. I'm still not buying it, but since it's in my face every day, I'm curious what you all think.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I think this link can explain anything that you would want to know about the product and the company (it's a little biased but she really pulls no punches):

http://www.plexuspoint.com/plexus-slim-reviews/
  • MrsPotStirerLoL
    MrsPotStirerLoL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too know someone who sells plexus and lot of her social media pushes the company/product. I typically would unfollow someone who uses their social media to promote something their selling. If you make a separate page or website for that then that's fine. But from what i read about plexus I figured it's the same as shakeology.
  • Hiro_Protagonist
    Hiro_Protagonist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It's a cult. /thread

• milkmaid1980
    milkmaid1980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, Plexus products have been life changing for my family. My husband suffered from chronic neck pain for 20 years and he is now almost pain free. That is the only change he made. He doesn't need to lose weight and doesn't take it for weight loss. My daughter couldn't tolerate gluten or dairy but after being on the probiotic for several months she can now eat anything the other kids can, and doesn't have daily stomach aches or headaches. I had tried lots of supplements and other brands of probiotics with no results. It's not a miracle cure but they are simply high quality supplements that really do help some people with chronic health issues. I think some people go overboard with promoting it. It's not a pyramid scheme, though. That is illegal.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Have you noticed the pro brigade have very few posts.......

I've noticed this with Weight Watchers as well, even though WW isn't an MLM. Some people I also noticed only posted in WW threads & defended complaints against it, as if you insulted their child; it'd be that intense of a defense. Which leads me to believe that some of them are WW employees, own their stock and/or both.