Options
13»

Replies

• YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    AuntFreesa wrote: »

My husband and I are setting up weights in the garage to work out together, how much did you start out for just 3/week? What are your weight lifting works out like?

I started out with 5-10 pounds on free weights and 20 pounds on machines at the gym. Different days I do different body parts. So let's just go with arms.

2 sets 10 reps 5-10 pounds, arm curls, front arm raises, hammer curls (this is all free weights)

2 sets 10 reps 20 pounds, overhead press, pull downs, cable row or seated row, arm extensions (machines at the gym)

I have worked my way up in both sets, reps, and amout of weights over time.

You can send me a request if you want. You can definitely get a good look at my diary and see exactly what I do.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I live alone so it may be a bit easier for me to stick to my plan. When I decided to do something about my life and my health last march I had no idea of what size I wanted to be. I still really do not. I have never been skinny or small, but I was a nice size many many years ago. That is kinda my ultimate goal. I dont have a weight number in mind, but know what size I would like to be. You are young, which is great. When I started out I used Leslie Sansone videos to exercise. i actually still do. I just exercise for longer periods and at higher intensity levels. My advice always to anyone is that you have to decide this is what you want and you have to have laser like focus on your goals. IMHO, it takes time, commitment,planning, and dedication. The weight is not just going to magically fall off just like it did not magically pile on. For me the rewards have far outweighed any challenges or inconvenience. You can do it!! If I can, anyone can.