Thoughts on Green Tea Fat Burner?

Options
Have any of you tried this? Does it help? Make you jittery? Give you headaches? Any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated! :)

d7xid9oe2jdx.jpeg

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    http://blog.pop.fitness/2016/07/18/weight-loss-scams-and-how-to-spot-them/

"Because of the serious nature of these stimulants, careful regulations have been put in place for over the counter supplements. What you’ll find in most “metabolism” boosting supplements is a high amount of caffeine, green tea, and other stimulants. Some of which have similar side effects and are much less effective at actually raising the resting metabolic rate. In addition, most products must be taken in very large doses to be effective (For example, 7 cups of green tea per day may increase caloric expenditure a measly 15%). The fact of the matter is, nothing you can buy over the counter is effective enough to matter over a long period of time."
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Nope - green tea in any form is not a fat burner. The caffeine may give you a very slight boost, but that's all. I would be skinny if green tea burned fat. I drink iced tea all day long.

Drink green tea because you like it, not because it supposedly burns fat.
  • nikolausi88
    nikolausi88 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As the previous person said, those natural supplements can vary quite a bit in potency and effect on the human body.

There have been reports of liver damage from excessive consumption of green tea: https://livertox.nlm.nih.gov/GreenTea.htm

I personally find the potential downside not worth the extra few pounds I could lose.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have, unfortunately, wasted money on these before. They don't burn fat and I felt no different after taking them for a month.

Absolute waste of money.

Stick to MFP logging. It's free and it works.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have yet to see one of those supplements that has any significant effect on its own. Any "results" you see posted are because the person ate less and/or moved more. Save your money.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    My thought is "I wish."
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money. Too bad because I love green tea.
    The only "fat burner" is a calorie deficit, however you achieve that.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    There are some things that will legitimately aid in fat loss, by significantly boosting caloric expenditure. All of them either require a prescription, or are illegal in most places, outright.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Eat a much as you'd like (surplus) while taking these. Guarantee you don't lose any weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I TOOK THAT two years ago.
    I found myself on the side of the interstate pulled over almost dialing 911.
    Pills do not work. This place, along with a food scale does.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Oh Gawd - save your dosh. They are a scam and may make you feel really crook. If you like green tea drink it but as others have said it won't be a miracle weight loss product either way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    There's a current thread talking about diet pills here, which contains my opinion.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10431234/diet-pills-and-all-that-that-implies#latest
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The only thing getting burned is the money you spent on it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Waste of cash!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Snake oil
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is a well known thermogenic however not in these doses.