Help!!! Question about calorie tracking!

Options
adri_rene208
adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello! I've been using mfp on and off but have been pretty consistent within the last month. My question is do you guys just keep track of your calories or do you also pay close attention to your macros? I'm a big bread/pasta person and I have cut back a lot and 90% of the time Im within my calories but I've noticed I always go above my fats. Im still trying to figure everything out so if Im not making any sense sorry! But any advice would be helpful!

Replies

• phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've only been concerned with calories at this point in the process.

I think you should do whichever you're more comfortable with. If just watching calories will keep you on track, why fix what ain't broken.

Then, once you're in a groove or you hit a plateau you can reassess where those macros are sitting and see what may need to be adjusted.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Calories has been the most important thing for me. Recently, I started watching my protein and fiber. I also go over on fats some days and still have lost weight. It's all about what makes you feel full and gives you the energy to do what's needed. :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calories.

I aim for around 100g of protein, and the rest falls where it will.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    For weight loss it's calories.

Macros are for health, and remember when you do want to track them MFP is set to the RDA Minimums so if you go over it's not a bad thing.

Typically I shoot for 0.8 grams of protein for each pound, 0.35 grams of fat and the rest carbs.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    At this point, why make it more complicated than it needs to be? Work on keeping your calories in line and once that's become second nature you can try to focus on tweaking your food choices to be more in line with your macro goals. You may find that those macro goals don't line up with the default MFP has set, too. Since I strength train and run, I find the default protein goal to be far too low. I set mine higher but I honestly am not rigid about hitting it every day. I just use it as a guideline to help me make better choices throughout the day.
  • adri_rene208
    adri_rene208 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I definitely felt like I was making it more complicated then it should be,but hey it doesn't hurt to ask!