South Asian diet

Options
NA1979
NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
Hi all, anyone who's on a weight loss journey predominantly have a south Asian diet, so curry,roti, rice, how's it been, how much success have you had, how do you measure calories in the curries etc

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    NA1979 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone who's on a weight loss journey predominantly have a south Asian diet, so curry,roti, rice, how's it been, how much success have you had, how do you measure calories in the curries etc

I put my own recipes in the recipe builder. It's easy to use once you get the hang of it.

I eat a mixed diet, but am Indian so often eat Indian food. Usually non-veg.
  • NA1979
    Options
    Oh that's good advice thanks!
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have nothing of value to add to this thread except to add I love curry so now I'm craving it. Thank you.

Okay maybe something valuable. When I've made Indian food I just build the recipe using the recipe like the above poster stated. I've found that it's not as calorific as some other Asian food can be, so that's a win.
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey I eat south Asian food on a daily basis. When I began my weight loss journey I knew it would be difficult to measure how many calories I'm eating, however I didn't want to cut it out all together as I knew that wouldn't be sustainable!

So what I do is I eat half the portion size of what I used to eat (mind you I used to eat a lot at 250lbs). For example instead of eating two large portions of rice/curry for lunch and again for dinner, I'll have 1 normal sized portion of rice/curry with a side of salad for lunch only. Or instead of eating curry with four rotis, I'll have two.
    and then for dinner I'll eat anything (healthy ofcourse) except for south Asian food. E.g. Veggies with chicken. See what I'm saying?

I'm sorry I'm only answering half of your question because I don't count the calories in my food I just try to eat less and workout. But it's helped me lose 56lbs so far and I hope to lose 44 more pounds.

Good luck ! :D
  • NA1979
    Options
    Wow this is some excellent advice thank you