Thoughts on Diet Coke, Lucozade Zero etc

Options
I've started drinking Lucozade Zero and I ABSOLUTELY love it. I love the caffeine hit it gives me and the energy boost. Is it a wolf dressed in sheep's clothing? What are your thoughts on these "Zero Calorie" drinks?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Lucozade is but I'm all onboard when it comes to zero calorie drinks. I never even started drinking diet soda until this year. I always thought it was gross. Now it's my saviour.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary
    Diet Coke is a low tier diet soda. I prefer Coke Zero.

Lucozade doesn't appear to be sold here.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any, mainly because I don't like fizzy drinks.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Refreshing, hydrating and virtually no calories.
    If you like the taste then carry on.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary
    Diet Coke is a low tier diet soda. I prefer Coke Zero.

Lucozade doesn't appear to be sold here.

This, especially Vanilla Coke Zero if you can find it. The stuff is amazing.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BillMcKay1 wrote: »
    DIet coke is for chumps.....diet Pepsi is where it's at.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/pepsico-to-reintroduce-aspartame-sweetened-diet-pepsi-
    I will be glad to try that blue can!

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Completely behind the imbibing of zero calories sodas and beverages if you want. They aren't evil. I switched to diet soda from regular about 15 years ago.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Lucozade seems to be primarily sold in the UK. If you're looking for something similar in the states, look for 4C Totally Light 2 Go Energy Rush pouches. It's not calorie free [5 calories per pouch] but it has the same effectiveness as Lucozade Zero.
  • iammeinnh
    iammeinnh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I used to be a diet coke addict. I only have one rarely now and I feel so much better. I drink a lot of water and if I want to switch it up I will put sliced lemon, berries, mint, orange etc. into the water. I try to avoid any preservatives, dyes, artificial flavorings and sweeteners.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My only issue with diet soda is the carbonation... I don't really know what it might do for a regular person but I know when my mother had her gastric surgery they told her not to drink it because it would stretch her stomach. I'm already Never full as it is I don't need to stretch my stomach any further!

On that note, I still do drink it every once in awhile
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Dr. Pepper Ten is the best low calorie pop I have ever tasted. It has ten calories and a trace amount of sugar. And it definitely does not taste like a diet soda. There is a RC Cola Ten, a Root Beer Ten, and a 7-Up Ten also, but they are not available in my area.

I second this. They are all hard to find in my area as well, but if I'm really wanting some, I'll go on the hunt. I think there may have been a Ginger Ale ten and a Sunkist ten at one point, too, but I'm definitely a Dr Pepper and RC ten fan.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Dr. Pepper Ten is the best low calorie pop I have ever tasted. It has ten calories and a trace amount of sugar. And it definitely does not taste like a diet soda. There is a RC Cola Ten, a Root Beer Ten, and a 7-Up Ten also, but they are not available in my area.

I second this. They are all hard to find in my area as well, but if I'm really wanting some, I'll go on the hunt. I think there may have been a Ginger Ale ten and a Sunkist ten at one point, too, but I'm definitely a Dr Pepper and RC ten fan.

I remember there being a really good Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper once upon a time, but I'll be damned if I can find it anymore.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Yep. All of the "10s" taste like the originals to me. I honestly can't tell the difference. Even did side by side taste tests with some of them when we were drunk one night. Could not tell he difference.
  • DJMayes2016
    DJMayes2016 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Diet Irn Bru is the only diet fizzy drink I've ever been able to get into, though I'd imagine this is impossible to get hold of outside the UK.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    HEB sells a lower calorie soda that was pretty good. I think it was 20 calories per can and 35 or more per bottle.

I can't find the bottles anymore though. :/

• dragon_girl26
    Options

I remember there being a really good Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper once upon a time, but I'll be damned if I can find it anymore.

I remember that! I'd forgotten about its existence until you mentioned it, though...now I'll be checking the stores for it, haha..
  • dragon_girl26
    Options

Actually, do you have a CVS in your area? That tends to be where I have the best luck.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I remember that! I'd forgotten about its existence until you mentioned it, though...now I'll be checking the stores for it, haha..

http://www.drpepper.com/en/products/dietcherryvanilladrpepper

It does still exist! Why am I not seeing this mana anywhere anymore? :(