Bride needs to lose at least 10lbs.

Options
I've never done this before but I've heard that sometimes posting things like this can be helpful.

I've never had issues with my size or weight. I've always been active both professionally and recreationally, I don't like to sit still. I bought my wedding dress this past February - the most expensive piece of clothing I've ever bought. Then I went skiing and fell.

I had to have knee surgery that kept me off my feet for a month and have been slowly rehabing over the past 3 months. It's going on 4 months since I've been back to work. I've gained 10 pounds since I bought this dress. The wedding is in December and I'm fearful I won't fit into it. Unfortunately, because I haven't been working, I'm not in a position to pay for drastic alterations or a new dress.

I'm working on getting myself back in shape but I'm already spending 2-2.5 hours at the gym every day just with my rehab. I feel like if I spend much more time there in going to burn out quickly.

Anyone have tips on how to make this all work/encouragement? Thanks ahead of time.

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    80% of weight loss is what you eat. Get a food scale and log your calorie intake strictly and accurately.
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You are definitely in luck. Your weight loss will come directly from your diet. Be sure to keep an eye on your calories. You have a really good amount of time ahead of you. If you chose to lose 1 lb per week, you'd still have a holiday buffer in November :)

Good luck! If you can rehanb 2 hours per day, you're definitely strong enough to count a few calories.
  • britain71
    britain71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, jrulo16 and phrunch! Here goes nothing!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've got plenty of time. Use mfp to find your calorie goal, you only need to aim to lose 0.5lbs per week, and you'll be fine.
  • britain71
    Options
    What is mfp? I'm not familiar.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    britain71 wrote: »

MFP - MyFitnessPal :D
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    britain71 wrote: »

An abbreviation for the site/app you're on right now. I agree with the food scale. Weigh all your food and be honest with yourself. If you only have 10 to lose, details are key.
  • britain71
    Options
    Well look at that! Haha, thanks for the abbreviation insight. Thanks for your help everyone!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Agreed with previous poster. You'd be amazed at the changes you can make to your body with just diet. Focus on that, and you'll have NO problem fitting into that dress. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd be more than happy to provide support or answer any questions that you may have. :smile: