ACCOMPLISHED FIRST GOAL - 68 pounds and 10+ sizes!

Options
To say it's been an incredible journey these past 6 months would be a HUGE understatement! Words cannot describe how much my life has changed both internal and external. I am healthier and more physically fit than most people 1/2 my age! I feel so energized, motivated, exhilarated, determined, and beautiful. The before and after photos truly amazed me. I never ever saw myself as the before photo. I always knew I was over weight but didn't realize just how much until I saw the photo yesterday. Who was that lady? Well she was more sedentary than she thought, she ate out almost every night, she had a hard time not going upstairs without stopping at the top for a sec, she sweated a lot just doing the simple everyday tasks, she was not happy with herself, she didn't think she was beautiful or sexy especially to her husband (even though he thought she was sexy no matter what she weighed), and she was as confident as she could have been. Who is this lady in the after photo you ask? Well she is confident to the max, she holds her head up high, she is an athlete, she is extremely happy with her body, she is beautiful, she is healthy inside, she is like the energizer bunny, she feels sexy in everything she wears, she is even more determined to reach higher, and she is successful in attaining goals! My Second Goal will be to maintain my weight for my lifetime. Other goals are to continue toning my body, maintain my internal health, and soul's well being, I will enjoy doing anything and everything with my grand children as they grow up and teach them the benefits of staying healthy along the way! LOVING LIFE AND LIVING IT TO THE FULLEST! Just as my grandma told me to do as she moved on to her next journey.

Replies

• MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You're such an inspiration!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I already know you ROCK !
  • Souldor
    Souldor Posts: 7
    Options
    This is the fun times when I get to call people losers! Isn't it fun being one?

Congratulations on your progress and thank you for your kind words on mine, it does mean a lot, and it does feel a lot better to be living life in a healthier manner.

Good work, keep it up, and keep smiling :D
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Just goes to show that you don't have to be 20 something to accomplish such an incredible goal!! Love it.....keep it up and keep it off, stay healthy.....:flowerforyou:
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I loved your story!
  • Heres2Victory
    Heres2Victory Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I loved your story. What an inspiration. Congradulations on your weight loss and your future goals!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Sometimes there is this nasty little voice inside my head that says "You're almost 48. You're too old to do anything about this. Just give up." You are proof that the little voice is a liar! Congratulations on the payoff for all of your hard work!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing! :heart:
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!!!
    XXX GG
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You look great!
  • R55T
    R55T Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow, impressive job! :flowerforyou: Congratulations . . . You put me to shame for not having enough motivation to exercise these past months. I mean, I have only lost 29lbs in the past 10months & you have lost 68 lbs!
    Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!!!! You are an Inspiration. I had it in the back of my head that at 47, I would not be able to do it. But seeing what you have accomplished, I realize that it was just another excuse. I hope you will accept my friend request.
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you are sharing your story with MFP! I know how hard you have worked and the results are incredible! By you posting this you are showing others that our goals are reachable and anything is possible with the right mindset and determination. Willpower can come and go no matter how hard we try...but determination is the key!

I am so proud of you and thank you for sharing this post. Anyone can make changes, no excuses! The question is, "How bad do they want it?" You have showned you wanted it and are determined to continue your journey and share it with your grandchildren. That is truly the best gift you can give your grandchildren; exercise and love. That is a beautiful thing!

Rock on gorgeous! :wink:
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I already knew you were amazing, but the before and after pics are amazing! You rock girl!!!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats on all your hard work. It surely paid off. You look great!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!