Back again for another try

Options
jomichelle79
jomichelle79 Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2016 in Getting Started
Hi folks,

I've just started seriously trying to lose weight again. I lost 50lb a few years ago using sparkpeople and gained it all back plus more. I've tried every diet under the sun since then but I only ever have any success with calorie counting, so here I am again, wish me luck!!

Replies

• ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, just don't rush the process..
  • wendydoodle
    wendydoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am just starting again so I know how hard it is. Feel free to friend me.
  • mestabrooks
    mestabrooks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck! I am in the same boat; lost 70 lbs about 4 years ago and have gained a solid 55 back. I'm just starting seriously as well.
  • jomichelle79
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Will add you and have a chat (waiting on new internet to be installed) soon :)
  • mich0821
    mich0821 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me too, please! I'm trying again as well. Lost a total of 88lbs on WW, and have put all 13lbs back on. I thought I was cured! :wink:
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel fret to add me to! 17 lbs down with 28 to go
  • TaxiB
    TaxiB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Back up to the heaviest I have been and am frustrated with myself for it... I am determined to be significantly healthier for my 40th birthday (15months away).
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    9 lbs down and 45 to go. Add me if you wish.
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I wld love to shift 53 lbs started back today starting 193 lbs kate x
  • Leroyoliver
    Leroyoliver Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Same boat! Have about 20 to go and on a solid 2 week stretch. Like most of us this is not my first time.... But I keep coming back! Any are welcome to add me. Thanks!
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over, after successfully losing around 50kg a few years ago I'm now back where I was, wanting to lose in the region of 60kg...

"Eat less - move more" is the only way for me.

Feel free to add me, happy to cheer you on!!
  • jomichelle79
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Hope we can encourage each other and succeed together :)
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same place as you! I've lost 80 lbs a couple of years ago and gained 60 lbs back.....so here I am again. We can do this, you know why? BECAUSE WE HAVE DONE IT BEFORE!!! Best of luck to you and feel free to add me :)
  • aadickson
    aadickson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't feel so alone. Here I go...again! You're absolutely right - we KNOW how to do this. Trying to lose 40 pounds after regaining it over a span of 3 years. I find if I'm not vigilant about counting calories (the only thing that has worked for me), the weight slowly (or not-so-slowly) creeps back on. This time, I plan to stay ON it. I just turned 40 and can't continue to watch my body go through these drastic up/down changes and not have an impact on my health. Let's do this!
  • pinklark
    pinklark Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You did it once, you can do it again. I lost about 40lbs a few years ago with MFP but then let myself get sloppy and gained half of it back. I'm back at it though and this time, I'm going to keep it off!
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. I'm really tired of the yo-yo, up and down, roller coaster, whatever you want to call it...and I'm tired of being the "before" model, and never taking that "after" photo I want to take.
    This needs to be the last time.
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started again last week. You are welcome to add me. I am open to new friends. Good luck!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've gone up and down, currently have been terrible at tracking/sticking with it, but I'm determined to step it up now. You got this! Every day is a new one. Don't let a bad yesterday turn into a bad tomorrow.
  • Littlemissyfit
    Littlemissyfit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me! I lost 50lbs with calorie counting and running :)
  • blk0110k
    blk0110k Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs about 5 years ago and I've gained 40lbs back... I'm right there with you.