950 calories and Im full do I need more calories tonight?

Options
Suzyp0414
Suzyp0414 Posts: 22 Member
I couldnt take a lunch break so I missed my lunch today, at the time I was hungry but it went away after I ate dinner. Im full but it says I only had 900 something calories. Should I eat more even though I am full? I did drink 8 glasses of water today if it makes a difference.

Replies

• SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat too few calories myself - like today. I had a satisfying dinner and didn't eat back my exercise calories. Since I'm just headed to bed, I won't worry about eating more, although I'll probably be ravenous in the morning. I wouldn't worry about the occasional short day, just don't make it a habit, because it will be difficult to get proper nutrition.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    if you are full, then no don't eat!
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think it's absolutely OK to be low sometimes, just don't let it happen often! :flowerforyou:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    As long as it is not a daily thing eating well under calories is not a big deal once in a while. You should not eat if you are full and had a satisfying meal
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    The answer should only be "no" if you ate 950 calories AT dinner.

If that's all day, then yes. You need to eat more.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    if you are full, then no don't eat!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    900 cals is way to low
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No sense forcing yourself to eat if not hungry...better luck tomorrow!!
  • Mom2Lizzy
    Mom2Lizzy Posts: 23
    Options
    Eat more tomorrow. Just try to balance it over a few days.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    EAT!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem a few times before, where I hit 1000 calories and force myself to eat 200-300 more to reach my daily goal. In retrospect, I think that's just as silly as forcing myself to eat only 1400 if I still feel very hungry after that (not just bored-hunger). Listen to your body and make sure your daily average is healthy, and you should be fine. A lot of people fast some days anyway.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Have yourself a snack. Some icecream, some M&Ms, whatever you want. Enjoy those remaining calories!
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    I understand what you all are saying about eating too little. But if your are not hungry , you're not hungy. No point in forcing yourself to eat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Even if you were on PST like me you'd have some time to get more cals. In the form of peanut butter on toast for instance. With jelly if you still needed more cals. With Marshmallow cream if you still needed more than that. But only if you thought you had room. Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised if you had more room tomorrow. And then you could look at it as a weekly thing and be on target for the week and be fine.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    How does this happen to people?