Not loosing no matter what

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Why do people sign up here, post "frustrated" threads, and then never return? Happens every five minutes. :/

And why do people say they aren't losing weight when they are losing weight.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Why do people sign up here, post "frustrated" threads, and then never return? Happens every five minutes. :/

Because they give up. :( so sad
  • DebSozo
    Options

They should divide out the pounds lost by the weeks that they have been on the diet. Instead they lose a few and stall in spurts and say that they aren't losing when they see no movement on the scale for a week. I used to watch the scale like that but now I look at it as a downward albeit slowwwwww (for me) trend. I don't really mind stalls so much. At least I'm not gaining! If I give up then I know I will splurge and gain. So I don't let up on the brakes.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Because so many people are conditioned to the "10 lbs in 2 weeks!" type of ads, not realizing that that kind of diet isn't really a useful diet as it will cause them to yo-yo. So many people don't realize that losing weight permanently is a long, slow process of reestablishing eating habits and adjust activity levels. It's not hard, just takes longer than people want to.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Because so many people are conditioned to the "10 lbs in 2 weeks!" type of ads, not realizing that that kind of diet isn't really a useful diet as it will cause them to yo-yo. So many people don't realize that losing weight permanently is a long, slow process of reestablishing eating habits and adjust activity levels. It's not hard, just takes longer than people want to.

This is very true. The media has tricked people into thinking that they can loose oodles of weight in the blink of an eye.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Plus, they probably aren't hearing the answers they wanted to hear.