2 months and I can't understand why I am gaining

Options
It can't all be muscle. I have been lifting (Jamie Eason 12 week program) and being consistent with my diet for about two months now. I'm cutting, so I always eat less than maintenance. I started at 148 and now I'm at 151. I just don't get it. How can I be gaining weight?? I see a little difference in pics and feel better in SOME of my clothing, but it's so discouraging seeing that number on the scale go up. For those who have been doing this for a long time, I'd love your input.

- eat at 1550 daily. I do eat some of my exercise calories, all if I'm starving.
- I don't watch my fat/carb intake. Only focus on getting enough protein and not going over cals. It keeps me sane.
- I could probably drink more water, I'll admit.
- Obviously I am human so I'm not perfect 100% of the time. But I have a lot more good days than I do 'bad' days (diet wise).
- Hit the gym 5-6 x a weeklq2fqazr8zil.jpeg

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your logging needs to be precise with such a small deficit. Do you use a food scale?
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Your logging needs to be precise with such a small deficit. Do you use a food scale?

I do. I don't guesstimate unless I have no other choice (mainly when we go to unknown restaurants which isn't often). Even if I know it won't be a lot of calories (ex. Handful of carrots) I make sure to weigh and log.
  • geoff2986
    geoff2986 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting, so I always eat less than maintenance. I started at 148 and now I'm at 151.
    Only one of those statements can be correct. You're eating more calories than your body uses. The solution obviously is to eat less calories, or be more precise with the measurements.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So long as that's a trend and not just two fixed points of weight then this is my thoughts on your post (which is in the wrong place just FYI)

You're having "good days" and "bad days"?

What does that mean? Is that referring to the process as in weighing, accurately logging, double checking?

It boils down to two things

You're eating more calories than you think you are
    You're burning fewer calories than you think you are

It's probably a little of both

But there's an easy solution cos you have some strong data...eating the way you currently eat with your current level of exercise means you are averaging 175 calories above TDEE per day

You need to cut from there
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are overestimating how many calories you are burning while working out?