overate by 100 calories

Options
nad1996
nad1996 Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Help ive exceeded my maintenance by 100 calories twice this week. Will it make any difference when im eating at maintenance the rest of the days? Im so paranoid right now :(

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Not really, no.

Especially since:

a) you probably should have a maintenance range, to account for normal weight fluctuations;
    b) Calorie counts may not be 100% exact;
    c) Caloric output is nearly impossible to measure, so you may have burnt off an extra 200 Cals anyway;
    d) 200 Cals is something like 0.06 lb of fat.
  • hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    While I am still not ready to start the maintenance phase, I think it helps me to just take an extra long walk if I went over my calorie limit for the day. My Fitbit (I love this tool!) gives me an idea of how much I need to do. Usually I can just walk up the hill near my home and that covers me!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    No. You will be just fine. Go for a walk if you are worried about it, but should be ok.
    Unless you make it a habit.
  • benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    1 pound of fat is roughly 3,500 calories. So if you eat 100 calories over maintenance 35 times without burning any of them, you may gain 1 pound. I say "may" because calorie amounts are estimates and it might take more or less than that, depending on how accurate all of your entries are for both eaten and burned.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Consistency is everything. Do that for a VERY long time, and you'll notice a creep eventually. Still, that surplus is so small, that I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like you're overeating every day.
    +1 to what everyone else said too.