Depressing

Options
jester13
jester13 Posts: 408 Member
Anybody else feel depressed when they don't work out or miss a day. I don't know how to describe it. Mentally feel horrible when I miss a day.

Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I definitely get the lack-of-endorphin blues without some kind of daily exercise. It seems to be a real thing. IMO.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily depressed but like I am missing out on something. I rode to work today and getting picked up for some weekend fun. Not having my ride home is a bummer. Hopefully, I'll convince myself to hit the gym at my friends APT later.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I think exercise is a huge depression antidote. I bet half of the people diagnosed and medicated would find huge improvement with a regular exercise regiment. I know I feel pretty down if I go too long without hitting the gym. I'm sure it has something to do with endorphins or some such witchcraft
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Options
    If I miss one day not so much, but on the second day I can feel myself starting to get down and I'm more moody.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    I get bummed when I have to miss a day that's unscheduled. I plan rest days though and typically enjoy them.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    I think exercise is a huge depression antidote. I bet half of the people diagnosed and medicated would find huge improvement with a regular exercise regiment. I know I feel pretty down if I go too long without hitting the gym. I'm sure it has something to do with endorphins or some such witchcraft

Exercise is a great mood booster, I agree, but diagnosed depression is just not that simple.

I didn't say ppl were misdiagnosed. Just said that exercise would probably help with symptoms..
  • madguru7
    madguru7 Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If I looked like your profile pic... no... I would be happy all the time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jester13 wrote: »
    Anybody else feel depressed when they don't work out or miss a day. I don't know how to describe it. Mentally feel horrible when I miss a day.

Yes, without question

I was thinking about this just the other day, so this subject really hit home.

Without training, the day just feels completely flat; completely.
  • silvilunazul
    silvilunazul Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If I can't get to the gym I usually do a YouTube exercise video in the evening or whenever there is time, then I feel much better :)
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Definitely brother..... Also which is think is a little weird, I get depressed when leaving the gym. Like I didn't do enough, never be big enough, Fuk I need go home and deal with real life crap.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Nope doesn't bother me
    I just em relax and go with it
    Fitness is long term one day here it there is not a big deal