Does MFP automatically ..........

Options
Does MFP automatically change your daily calorie intake after you've lost a certain amount of weight? Or do we have to do that ourselves?

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Nope, that's something you have to change. Mine has stayed at 1200 calories for 6 months despite losing 45 pounds
  • XnRGrandpa
    XnRGrandpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You need to do that yourself under Settings/Update Your Diet Profile
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    It doesn't change your calories because you've lost weight. Your calorie goal is set to lose a certain amount each week to reach a goal weight. You can change it because you want to slow down or increase the rate of loss, or because you change your goal weight.
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It doesn't change your calories because you've lost weight. Your calorie goal is set to lose a certain amount each week to reach a goal weight. You can change it because you want to slow down or increase the rate of loss, or because you change your goal weight.

Oh ok. Can't seem to find my "Diet Profile". Where is that?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Go to "my home" page and then click on goals. Click on edit.
    Why do you need to change? Are you losing too fast?
  • XnRGrandpa
    XnRGrandpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Oh ok. Can't seem to find my "Diet Profile". Where is that?

myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Most people recommend that you update your calorie goals every 10 pounds, because as you lose weight, your body requires fewer calories.