here i go again

Options
So I started this a while ago and dropped the ball. But after getting on the scale recently I realize that I am not getting better and need to get back on this. SO here I go. My goal is to lose half of my current wait which is over 100lbs. Motivation is my biggest down fall. And not liking vegetables is the other. And currently I have no kitchen due to the remodel that is going on right now. Anyone need a buddy add me cause I need a buddy to get through the next 2 years of weight loss.

Replies

• shmatichka
    shmatichka Posts: 93
    Options
    You can add me if you like :)
    I started again recently and people on MFP have been great support. Big dilemma that, about the veggies. To be honest with you that' s what get's me through the day.
    You can do grilled vegetables for starter they taste great grilled.
    Do you like salad you can stock on that?
    My husband doesn't care for vegetables and I try to hide them in cooked food :D in pasta sauces, curies, in minced meat just grate them or blend them, and yeah add herbs and spices to improve flavor.
    Good luck on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Not liking veg is a problem, considering most are really low calorie and are quite filling. My girl is a vegetarian, and she cooks some of the nicest meals I've ever tasted, along with Quorn burgers, sausages, etc. Do you like things like mushrooms or peppers? You can make some really nice omelettes with frozen/fresh peppers and mushrooms in. As Shmatichka suggested, curry is always a great option for disguising the taste of veg.

Do you like fruit? Fruit is always a good thing to eat, especially for breakfast I have recently discovered. Then you have fish, chicken, turkey breast. You can throw nice salads together with minimum effort and put some low calorie salad dressings on them. Eat whole wheat or whole grain bread, as opposed to white bread. Cut out sodas, just drink water or tea.

When I started my weight loss regime, I just did basic things to start with and lost A LOT of weight within the first 6 weeks. I just cut out soda completely (including diet soda) I reduced the amount of carbs I was eating (mainly cut down on bread) and I stayed away from processed sugars and ready meals. Try those 3 steps first, then slowly start to add exercise of weight lifting to your diet, whilst also eating at a deficit, and that weight will start to steadily come off.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Feel free to add me if you want to check out my food diary, I log most days.