Men in tights...

Options

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have several pair of compression pants. Some are crop/Capri length, some are full length. I have no issues with them
  • huntergraymua
    huntergraymua Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you like and is comfortable to you. If you're jogging down the street in a banana hammock, more power to you
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    joelo_83 wrote: »
    Convo this morning got me thinking, is this something you all see at your local gyms? I'm talking about the under armour/Nike compression ones. I wear them on occasion, especially on deadlift days since I already have enough scars on my shins from the bar hitting my legs.

Out of curiosity, what say ye MFP - men in tights, yay or nay?

I have a few and I really like them, the UA "Alter Ego" line with the super hero shirts. I have Batman/Superman. I find that the guys don't tend to like them much where you'll get smirks and stuff but the women do.

Superman tights?! I need pics please! *_*
  • HeathermRVT
    HeathermRVT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzimzhw1qo1qjtndio1_500.gif

This is exactly why I clicked on this convo so thank you!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! IF you do, wear shorts underneath.....
  • Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzimzhw1qo1qjtndio1_500.gif

I came here for this! Thank you
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    This one time- before fun & games and chit chat were spilt- there was a thread about compression pants. The guy posted full frontal, side, and back view-close up- and asked us to tell him "whats the big deal?! They're just like leggings!" (Btw- there was nothing big about the deal...)

It was probably the funniest and most successful thread I have ever been a part of.

Moral of the story- you gotta 1) tuck it away at least a little 2) make sure it's something to write home about or 3) wear shorts over them (<--- best option)

Why? Because just like camel toe ain't cute (well... Not to everyone)

Moose knuckles aren't either.

(PS: before the OFFENDACONS come after me- I feel the same way about booty shorts, "sports bras" with nothing on top, and generally speaking I am not into the over revealing of either sex when in public situations... So- don't.)

Something to write home about :flushed:

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    how about working out without anything on? is that a thing?

That would be called the horizontal tango.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Just not while deadlifting
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options

Just not while deadlifting

+ cable pull through.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    same rules apply to this as all my other personal rules. idgaf. makeup? idc. lululemon yoga pants, idc. grunting. idc. sportsbras. idc. only thing that really annoys me is really strong cheap deodorant pee-yew and the only rule i really care about is put your efing weights away.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I personally don't like to see men in tights. It makes the package really stick out and I can't avoid staring and it. I also think it looks feminine but to each their own. I see men in compression shorts a lot and I never think twice about it. Wear whatever you're comfortable with and what fits your needs.

Feminine packages REALLY sticking out. :huh: LOLOL!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    There is a body of evidence that men wearing tights in the gym ENHANCES gym effectiveness.

**EVIDENCE**
    I always experience increased heart rate and increased endurance when there are men wearing tights working out hard in the gym.

And ... on a related topic, men in shorts enhance my gym attendance and length of stay.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    As a dancer, I have seen many men in tights. Go ahead wear tights. Wear whatever you want. I don't personally have hang ups about seeing fit human bodies in motion. I don't find it feminine. Actually very masculine on men and feminine on women. I didn't know about deadlift socks. Now I am interested in this. Sometimes I wear a little chiffon skirt over tights or tight shorts. So similar to how men wear shorts over tights.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    9qp4szxplp0d.jpeg
    These should be the next thing to happen
  • jetrok
    jetrok Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I wear them for comfort. Mostly is my garage where I do my squats and deadlifts so I'm safe there..lol. My wife isn't having me out in public with them on...lol
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    s1ren1nk wrote: »
    ive seen loads wearing them under loose shorts .. if they have a purpose for you personally while your working out then go for it ..if its a fashion accessory then noooooo

How can you tell the difference? Lets say it's fall time I'm wearing them under my MTB shorts and head to the pub on the way home.

On the trail, they serve a purpose. At the pub not so much but I'm not going to change in route.
  • JessicaJS23
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    s1ren1nk wrote: »
    ive seen loads wearing them under loose shorts .. if they have a purpose for you personally while your working out then go for it ..if its a fashion accessory then noooooo

How can you tell the difference? Lets say it's fall time I'm wearing them under my MTB shorts and head to the pub on the way home.

On the trail, they serve a purpose. At the pub not so much but I'm not going to change in route.

Own those tights!