Not a success yet, stuck please help!

Options
Hi, I'm new here and have loved reading all your success stories,
feel like a bit of a fraud adding mine here but it seemed the best place!

A couple of yrs ago someone took a photo of me and when I saw it I cried, it's funny how you don't realise how bad things are till you see what others see, and that was the day I decidied I needed to do something about it, so I started a diet with great success at 1st, losing 5 stone in just over 18 months. Then last summer I had to change what contraceptive pill I was on and put a stone back on, and I've been stuck ever since, I jog most days, walk all the time and am on my feet all day at work, I still eat healthily and nothing is shifting, HELP! So now I'm on here in the hope that I can use your stories and watch what I eat even closer to get things shifting as I still have a way to go!

Fatme_zpse7f9c103.jpg

681d00a2-c865-49dc-a848-96f0c33a29f8_zps1f8656c9.jpg

Before and now, story so far.

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    First off, before any advice.... if you're making good choices and trying to be healthy, you're definitely not a failure.

I'd do the following.

1) full medical to rule anything out

2) recalculate TDEE & BMR & calorie allowance - and stick to it the way it is for at least a month

3) go by measurements

4) check macros esp things like sodium and fibre

5) concentrate on making choices for health, fitness and overall wellbeing, not weight loss.

xx hang in there
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    and by the way... you're gorgeous.
  • jonesgrrl
    jonesgrrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bout 2 years ago ilost 80lbs and I was then super frustrated that the scale was the same for months... I think you look great and have done an amazing job. Not all bodys are the same. Mix it up. Throw some yoga or pilates in. Have a splurge day once week. As long as your strict the rest of the time. Do some research on metabolic rate. Good luck !
  • Shortiefatsplat
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :)
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Believe and know that you will get to where you want to be. If you think your stuck, than you will stay stuck. Focus on all your positive achievements so far and tell yourself you have gotten this far... why wouldn't you go all the way.

BTW you look beautiful.
  • Shortiefatsplat
    Options
    and by the way... you're gorgeous.

Thank You that is a very kind thing to say :)
  • Shortiefatsplat
    Options
    Believe and know that you will get to where you want to be. If you think your stuck, than you will stay stuck. Focus on all your positive achievements so far and tell yourself you have gotten this far... why wouldn't you go all the way.

BTW you look beautiful.

Thank you, very kind and you're right I should be more posative about how far I've already come :) Thanks again.
  • afreelandgti
    Options
    I love the fact that you're not satisfied. That's great fuel to keep a fire burning. I think you've done a great job so far. Don't be too hard on yourself you look great.
  • Shortiefatsplat
    Options
    I love the fact that you're not satisfied. That's great fuel to keep a fire burning. I think you've done a great job so far. Don't be too hard on yourself you look great.

I don't think I'll be satisfied till I reach my goal, Thank You :)
  • tiger1194s
    Options
    I would change BC. I had gained an extreme amount of weight in a short period of time and I found out after the fact that I was mildly allergic to my BC. They also offer options now that are not hormone based so they don't have the nasty side effect of weight gain.

Talk to your doctor. Have a hormone panel ran to verify you are balanced.

Congrats on your weight loss and I hope that you get it figured out soon!
  • EleMeleUkulele
    EleMeleUkulele Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I haven't any new advice for ya (except maybe, exercise! Even by just walking, moving really helps), but I wanted to say that yes, you're beautiful. :) And you've come such a long way already. Don't give up! We're all in the same boat here and we'll be happy to motivate you.
  • Jenifer_Duron
    Options
    Great job! You look absolutely amazing. Very impressive!
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference!! You have done so well and I love your dress in the 2nd photo!!

There are a load of us doing the 30 Day Shred if you want to join - its brilliant! You can get it all on youtube and there are loads of success stories on here.

Keep smiling and remember how far you have come because you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!