Lose a Pound a Week for sixty weeks!

Options
My goal was to lose a pound a week through portion control and exercise. So far I have lost 11 pounds in 61 days. Keep going keep going... that is what I am telling myself. :-)

Replies

• girad997
    girad997 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think we all have that sticky note on our foreheads lol.

It's in what I'm doing that is yielding fast results. I cut my calories to 1300 which is low for a female adult I know, and it's all about the right healthy food and food balances. Track sugars, fats, protein ect. I scan everything I eat to get the stats on it. And I bike or jog or swim or martial arts everyday for atleast one hour rain or shine. Then in the evening I do a half hour of strength (weights) non aggressively. But between the calorie deficit exercise and cutting out most processed foods like bread and cereals and sugary garbage, inc the coffee creamer I used to use without realizing how bad it was lol......I've lost 13 pounds in 2 weeks which is very successful with minimal suffering at all because I'm balancing my meals around 300 each meal and a snack between. Healthy snack like apple with cinnamon warmed in microwave with a squirt of sugar free whipped creme light in can. Or 15 strawberries with same whipped creme, so I'm getting my sugar fix from fruits. I started using sweet and low but you can use anything like that as long as it's nottttt sugar lol. I use diet zero calorie butter now, potato in microwave with diet butter and a scoop of light sour creme. I measure my meat, every ounce counts. It's a lot of calculating and measuring for sure and I don't expect to always have to live this strictly but for now I'm in weight lose boot camp. No one else can do it for us. So I wrote to you because I'm losing a pound a day almost with these measures and it's very possible to do but it's a lot of self control. I guess it depends on how bad you want to lose weight. I'm not starving at all, taking vitamins and eating from all the food groups just cutting way back on portion. I'm also drinking a lot of water and green tea drinks. Constantly drinking. It's possible!!! I'm 20 pounds from my goal weight now and expect to be there within the next month or two. You can do it!!!!! I wish you success!!!
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's a great start. I've lost about thirty pounds in a year. Roughly speaking, I am on the Mediterranean diet without all the carbs. The good fats seem to be the key and Omega 3 from fish and eggs.
    Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!