5'1" pear shaped, if you are pear shaped what is your height/weight

Options
2»

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Another pear here :) 38 years old/5ft, 6in/current weight 135lbs and I'm back in a short phase of weight loss, after being in maintenance for several years (taking care of some summer gains right now). Goal is to get back down to the 123 range. When I was doing my initial weight loss phase I got all the way down to 117lbs and I still wasn't happy with how my lower half looked-still pretty squishy (was doing strength training at the time too). But when I was at that lower weight my upper half was getting scary looking-face was skeletal, collar bone very pronounced, ribs sticking out, shoulder blades jutted out quite a bit etc. All of that looks better in the 120s, so I've accepted that in order to look good on the top, I will just have a bit of cush on the bottom :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think you look great in that picture. Your thighs are where you body stores your excess fat first. It's the first place it goes on, and the last it comes off. Unfortunately it might take getting down to unhealthy levels of body fat before you have "thin thighs".

I think the more useful thing would be learning to love your body. Those big thighs are a wonderful functioning part of your body. They will carry you where ever you want to go. Start thinking about what your body can DO not what it looks like.