Do you count the fat in fish oil in your macros?

mjvdz
mjvdz Posts: 12 Member
Okay, i apologize if this may sound stupid but i bought a fish oil omega 3 for supplementation
I bought it in Spain months ago not really caring or reading the label, and it's in Spanish. i was about to take it today and scanned the barcode on MFP to log it. I was planning on taking 2 capsules and saw that it has 700 g of FAT!!! But the calories per capsule is only 6 calories i'm confused. Please help.
7psm9qwawrmu.jpeg

The brand name is optisana omega 3 and if i take it my macros in fat would be 800 grams already!! I don't know if I'm mistaken i hope i am! Please help

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited July 2016
    Its not 700gms its 700mg. 1000mgs equals 1gram.

1 gram of fat = 9 calories. Therefore, 2 capsules = 1.4 grams of fat = approx 13 calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,048 Member
    edited July 2016
    OK, can we talk logically for a second? 700g of fat? Do the 2 capsules weigh 1.5lbs? Because 700g is a measure of weight. It completely defies the laws of physics that 2 capsules that fit in the palm of your hand could hold 700g of anything. It's clearly wrong. They possibly meant milligrams.

ETA: and as tiptoethru says above, the math works out for that.
  • mjvdz
    mjvdz Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks it's clear to me now i compared the label with my old fish oil container and it's the same. Thanks again